Monday, January 09, 2006

Hi ho, hi ho

It's off to work we go.

Yes, my three week semi-absence is now over. Work is back in full swing as should be blogging. I'm planning on having something of debatable worth up later today, so with no shyness or false humility I beg for your return in the afternoon hours. I've been busy on another item so instead of throwing something up here for the heck of it, this is the post for today. But I PROMISE a good one tomorrow (and I ALWAYS keep my promises).

So in line with the title, can you name all of the seven dwarfs? Try it, I always seem to leave someone out. And then I wonder, if I had to play a dwarf which one would I be? And then I also wonder why they didn't include other dwarfs. For instance: moody, annoying, snobby, bubbly, and other such dwarfs. I mean who says that the seven named in the fairy tale are the only dwarfs out there. Really, there could have been houses full of dwarfs in that forrest and Snow White just hit one gang of them. Maybe there were even rival gangs of dwarfs who had forrest turf wars and Snow White stumbled upon a whole dwarf crime ring that she never knew about.

Uhhhhh, so yeah, it's Monday, and I'm not making much sense, but I'm betting I'm at least a little bit entertaining.

And because JCol asked

This weekend I had a craving for edamame (soy beans in the pods - hmmm with a bit of kosher salt - yummy and very high in protein and fiber I might add). So I trapsed off to my local Albertson's in search of soy pods. Now I had purchased this specific product at this specific Al's before but alas upon entering the produce section there were no pods to be seen. After a search of the frozen food aisle I stopped a stocker boy (and I use the term boy here technically because he was YOUNG, maybe, maybe 17) to ask for some assistance. (I use to work at a grocery store, Piggly Wiggly in fact - we will now pause to allow you to giggle or laugh at my expense and to make some sort of comment on the name of this specific store - ok we're back - so I worked at a store and knew that the stocker boys should know where products are located or can get their hands on someone who does). Here is an exact transcript of our conversation:

Me: Excuse me, do you happen to know if you still carry Edamame?

Stocker Boy (SB): Puzzled look. What?

Me: Edamame. Soy beans in the pod.

SB: Puzzled look now becoming perplexed look. Uhhh let me see if I can find someone in produce to help you.

SB and friend walk into the back of the produce section and find noone is there. They then yell at a passing girl to ask the location of said produce person and find out there are on break. At this point, young 17 year old SB pulls out his nifty Motorola Razor (how he afforded that on a grocery store salary I do not know) and called up the produce guy.

SB: Uh yeah, John, do we carry Effin-mama?

At this point I almost lose it with laughter as does SB's friend.

SB Friend: I don't think that is what it is called.

Me: ED - UH - MA - MAAAAA (long A)

SB: Oh, sorry, I meant Effin - Mamaaaaa (long A)

Me: ED, not EF (at this point I realize I'm fighting a loosing battle with this kid and just let him sink lower and lower into the black pit of despair in calling a soy bean pod a word that would get you slapped by your own mama)

SB: Sorry, we don't carry those.

Me: Well thanks for trying. Walks away giggling and with a bouncing step, because while I did not have my edamame I had been entertained in the produce section of Albertson's.

19 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Were there mushrooms in the forest that K-T got a hold of because I, for one, have never envisioned turf-feuding dwarfs. But I never claimed to be creative, I am in fact, quite the opposite. Thus resulting in the complete absence of thoughts of dwarf gangs.

How was your movie? Intense? (I'm still picturing Cat describe "intense".) Laughed out loud to myself in Kroger last night. Saw the infamous Edamame. Are you going to post on that too? Please do.

1/09/2006 10:51 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Yes, I can. (B, D, D, H, G, S & S)

Now I have the mental picture of gnomes and dwarfs in a rumble a la West Side Story, "When you're a gnome, you're a gnome all the way from your first front yard to your last dying day."

Thank you for the highly humorous kick off to the week. Hope your day is great.

1/09/2006 10:52 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

HA HA HA HA! Yea! The story has been published for all to enjoy. And I enjoyed it in print form as well. That was too good not to share with the blogosphere.

Thanks K-T.

1/09/2006 11:29 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Katie...
How I miss reading your post. Life should be a little less hectic now so I can get back into the blogging sphere... To funny.... Thanks for the laugh...

1/09/2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Effin Mama - very funny!! LOL!! I never heard of the stuff either, sounds kind of gross.

I could only remember Sleepy, Grumpy, Happy, and Doc. Shameful considering I have 3 kids!

I thought Moody was a good name, but maybe it would have to be a girl dwarf then??

How about Sloppy, Silly, Pesty, Noisy, Prissy, Shorty, and Smarty??!!! Nah, too many S's!!

1/09/2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

let's see:

grumpy.
sleepy.

okay. stopping there before i start cheating, because HOW WOULD YOU EVER KNOW IF I CHEATED, ANYWAYS? You wouldn't.

Unless you recalled that I rarely remember ANYTHING from a movie, and certainly not the names of seven "little people."

1/09/2006 12:05 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Effin Mamaaaa...

Yeah, no. We don't carry that either.

lol.

1/09/2006 12:12 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

What the poo? How does one get a craving for effin'-mama in the first place?

Wow. Must be a K-T delicacy!

Glad to have you back in the blogoshpere on a more permanent basis: that way at least I'll be assured that my workday will be significantly more entertaining! lol

Oh and I'd like to take a stab at it also:

Sleepy
Dopey
Grumpy
Doc
Sneezy
and... ummm...

Goofy and Droopy?

I..don't think I'm winning this one...

1/09/2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

Happy, Sleepy (I rarely forget that one), Grumpy (not that one either, funnily enough), Doc, Sneezy, Dopey, and . . .


wait . . .

wait. . . I'll remember . . .

Bashful (Thanks, Heather, for the initials. I couldn't have done it without you!).
That was a wonderful memeory exercise. I can tell I need to study harder.

Funny story! The poor stocker boy probably runs screaming from soy anything.

1/09/2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I had them in Hawaii. They were fried though and full of vegetables, not just soy beans. They were similar to pot stickers, but all veggie. Perhaps they are different here because what you are describing doesn't sound tasty at all and what I ate was 3 levels of deliciousness.

1/09/2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Sydney says:

Dopey,
Sleepy,
Sneezy,
Grumpy,
Bashful,
Happy,
and Doc.

Take that Texas!

1/09/2006 3:23 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

haha, i just saw where you struck out that text. you're so silly. :)

1/09/2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

sleepy, dopey, happy, doc, grumpy, itchy and bashful. HA! (I have kids)

Are you sometimes shocked that these dwarfs didn't try to "take advantage" of Snow White? (I know it's a kiddie movie, but hey...)

Whole gangs of dwarves, eh? You're seeing a whole team of psychologists, aren't you?

I've never had edamame. I guess its a southern thing... or maybe it sounds too healthy for you, in which case it probably causes cancer in lab rats...

sorry, I'll stop now & read the rest of the comments...

1/09/2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

ok so I got one wrong...

1/09/2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Yup...I knew em...Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Doc, Sneezy, Dopey, Grumpy.

LOL @ grocery store incident!

1/09/2006 8:04 PM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

The seven dwarfs actually live upstairs in my home. Bet you didn't know. Doc is my favorite. Very handy guy to have around.

I always thought I was the effin mama.

1/09/2006 9:08 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I always have to tell the cashier at my local grocery store what produce is in my grocery cart.

The Big 7:
Dopey, Sneezy, Dorky, Itchy, Poopy, Sleepy, & Buzz.

1/09/2006 9:49 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

I've got a post up today that I would love to hear your Kpinion on. :) As well as anyone else who has a regular opinion.

1/10/2006 11:05 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

:-) It is rather entertaining!

1/11/2006 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home