Wednesday, December 28, 2005

For JCol's reading pleasure (and yours too)

The following is a transcript of a recent IM conversation I had with Jessica of Just Say Jes, regarding the location of my family's Christmas festivities:

Jessica: i forgot that you went to the state penitentiary instead.

katie: yes we do it right in my family

Jessica: when i was in middle school i toured museum of the state pen. and then told my mom that i wanted to redecorate my room to look like the jail cell, because i liked the bunk beds and chrome appliances.

Jessica: she wasn't so thrilled with my declaration.

katie: ahahahahahaha

katie: jessica you have a way of making me smile like noone else

Please note, my family did NOT spend Christmas at the state penitentiary, nor did we celebrate in any other such jails, prisons, or holding facilities. My aunt and uncle just happen to live in the city in which a certain state penitentiary resides.

7 Comments:

Blogger Edgy Mama said...

You are both pretty hilarious!

Thanks for the words about Asheville. Come visit sometime!

12/28/2005 5:08 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Hehehe...I thought at first maybe you were talking about going to the jails to spread the word of God or share your Christmas with prisoners...then I continued to read...can't believe Jessica wanted her room redone to look like a jail cell...LOL

12/28/2005 5:30 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Oh! You don't know how excited I was to read the title! Fun! Fun!

And yes, see, it's that type of writing and thinking that makes Jes oh so unique.

I can honestly say I've never met anybody quite like her.

And again, I mean that in a GOOD way. :)

12/28/2005 6:40 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

hahahahaha why doesn't this whole conversation surprise me?

12/28/2005 7:43 PM  
Blogger Mark D said...

Hmmm. Maybe I can talk my wife into decorating the baby room like a jail cell.

Something tells me she won't go for that.

12/28/2005 8:36 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

Chrome is very modern; a lot of people like the look. I think jail decor is the next pink. Or something.

12/29/2005 9:09 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

oh my gosh. i'm so embarrassed by my lack of article. that second statement from me in the IM conversation should have read, "...i toured THE museum...."

I AM SO FREAKING ANAL. why did i just have to type that? and yet, I CANNOT ERASE IT. I JUST CAN'T DO IT. IT WOULD JUST BE...WRONG.

12/29/2005 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home