Thursday, August 04, 2005

Did my womb just leap?

I just love that title. It begs you to read the post.

There is a family at my school that I LOVE. They have 6 children from 1st to 10th grade and the younger ones (grades 1,2,4) have a special place in my heart especially the youngest one.

Rebekah is a spunky red haired, freckled, fire cracker who is PRECIOUS. She comes and hugs me evertime I see her and she holds my hand when we walk down the hall. I dream of one day having a girl just like her.

Well today she comes into my office and I ask her if I can have some of her freckles. She reached up and tried to pull them off but can't so she says they're glued on too hard. I then suggest we try and rub them off of her onto me. So there we are rubbing cheeks and noses trying to get her freckles on to my face. Thump, thump, thump, thump that is my womb leaping.

PRECIOUS (Rebekah not my womb)

15 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

ahhh, she SOUNDS adorable!!

8/04/2005 1:47 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

That is SUCH a cute story.

8/04/2005 1:49 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

This just in.

I was just talking with Rebekah's mom (Nicole), and yesterday they had this conversation:

R: Mom are you going to die and go to heaven before me?

N: well maybe, but you never know

R: But you'll be in heaven and I still be here

N: That could happen but we'll be in heaven together forever

R: Do they have phones in heaven?

I mean hello, people, who doesn't want to be a mom with stuff like that?

8/04/2005 1:53 PM  
Blogger steve said...

If I had a womb...

8/04/2005 3:35 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Steve if you had a womb, I would be on your doorstep with People, Life, Time, and all the major news media.

Don't worry you're psuedo-womb can leap anytime you want it to.

8/04/2005 3:42 PM  
Blogger steve said...

why does "psuedo-womb" sound like an 80s rock band to me?

8/04/2005 3:43 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

It sounds better spoken then written as a band name, somehow a spinoff on psuedonym maybe.

8/04/2005 3:46 PM  
Blogger steve said...

su su psuedowomb

8/04/2005 4:11 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Easy like Sunday Morning is now replaced.

Katie is shooting a pained look at Steve for the HORRIBLE pun and then for the new song now on repeat in her head.

Sometimes I just like to talk in third person.

8/04/2005 4:18 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

why did I think of "Duke, Duke Duke, Duke of Earl" when I saw that? What song am I supposed to be thinking of? Why do I keep defaulting to oldies? Yesterday it was "In the Jungle" instead of "Welcome to the Jungle" now this. I turn 29 and look what happens to me. *sigh*

8/04/2005 4:20 PM  
Blogger steve said...

PHIL COLLINS...

8/04/2005 4:24 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

"su su psuedowomb" makes at least as much sense as "su su sudio."

and GREAT, now I have both "susudio" and "duke of Earl" (HATE THAT SONG) stuck in my head. They are taking turns. Enough to make me wistful about the days of Easy and In the Ghetto.

8/04/2005 4:54 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Evidently my musical repetoire is half that of JLR's. Sorry to make you think of Duke of Earl, JLR.

You made me crack up though. Good thing I'm at home now. I've done enough LOL at work.

8/04/2005 7:13 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I understand completely.

Thanks for the su su psuedowomb song now stuck in my head.

Y'all are such a bunch of crazies.

:-)

8/05/2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Steve-


Ahahahahahahahahaaha... ha

That was funny.

"su su psuedowomb"

8/05/2005 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home