Tuesday, July 19, 2005

No tagbacks please

I got tagged, so to appease Jes here we go . . . .

What I was doing ten years ago:
The year was 1995 and I was enjoying the summer before my senior year. I had likely just returned from Kanakuk Kamps where I was in the oldest teepee (yep I said teepee). I was also working with StuCo (Student Council for the unenlightened) on freshman orientation. I may also have been at Yearbook Camp (yes there was such thing and it was cool) because I was the co-editor of our yearbook. I was SUPER involved at school so I was very busy in the last July, early August times. Oh yea I was also getting my outfit together to be the Ryan Raider mascot. Picture me in khaki pants, khaki shirt, brown suede west, leather bomber jacket, brown felt cowboy hat, and a WHIP. Yep I had a whip and I learned how to crack it.

5 years ago:
The year was 2000 and I was working at Kanakuk Kamps. I would be my second to last year and I would be getting ready for my second senior year of college. I was mysteriouly moved out of my house over the summer by fellow roomies so I was homeless at the time and living in a teepee (there it is again, the mysterious teepee)

1 year ago:
The year was 2004 and I was most likely sitting at my desk working as I am now. I was probably doing almost exactly the same thing I am doing this summer which is work, a bible study, and just relaxing when I can.

Yesterday:
Yesterday I worked (are we seeing a pattern here). I took a nap that was supposed to be half an hour and turned into an hour and a half. I read my chapter for my bible study (oops I am way behind on that). I pondered world peace and what to do with the rest of my life.

5 snacks I enjoy:
- Chips
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Fruit
- Honey wheat pretzels
- Ice cream

5 songs I know all the words to:
- Hold on by Wilson Phillips
- We build this City by Starship
- Paradise City by Guns and Roses
- Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
- Any cartoon theme song from the 80’s

5 Things I would do with $100 million:
- pay off debt (mine and my families)
- go to grad school and get a masters and then doctorate
- build my mom her dream house
- build me my dream house (later when I am married though)
- Travel, travel, travel, travel

5 locations I would like to run away to:
- Ireland
- Scotland
- Italy
- Colorado
- Washington D.C.

5 bad habits I have:
- Always having to be right
- Always having to be right
- Always having to be right
- Rationalization
- Always having to be right

5 things I like doing:
- reading
- going to movies
- driving in my car with good music
- discussing anything
- sleeping

5 things I would never wear:
- miniskirt
- thigh high boots
- tube tops
- obnoxoius plaid or florals
- too much lace (actually anthing other than a little lace)

5 TV shows I like:
- LOST
- ALIAS
- West Wing
- anything on the History channel
- random shows that I’m sure noone else watches

5 Biggest joys of the moment:
- competing a project
- spending time with friends
- kicking the dizziness that sidelined me this morning (vertigo is a no no)
- all my clothes are clean and put away
- looking forward to a trip to kanakuk

5 Favorite toys:
- new computer program at work
- cell phone (never leave home without it)
- my watch (I am a simple girl)
- umm I’m out, I don’t have a lot of toys

6 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I love your "5 songs". I still don't know all the words to Ice, Ice Baby. I just think I do.

7/19/2005 4:09 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

ANOTHER trip to Kamp? sheesh. just get a job there. ;)

7/19/2005 8:50 PM  
Blogger whaaaat! said...

Thanks for another little glimpse at who you are. Sounds like with all the time you enjoyed in a teepee in the past, and combined with your last post that your dream job would be where you could be nerdy (in) nature. Can you get high speed internet connections in those teepees? Just don't drink too much tea, you might drown in your own teapea.

7/20/2005 3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's odd - I've owned and worn ALL 5 of the things on your 'never wear' list. But bear in mind when I was a teenager - the late 60's to early 70's. They were FASHIONABLE then - what can I say?
All except the lace - that I had on my wedding dress. That counts, right?
My thigh high boots were black.
Too many miniskirts to mention.
Tube tops - well let's not dwell on that one.
Plaids in Jr. High and oh the florals we had in high school - I think they called them psychodelic prints.
My only advise (which I also got from your grandmaw Doe-Doe) is NEVER say never - or you may end up eating those words!

7/20/2005 10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For kp's mom....What about those halter tops !?!

7/21/2005 10:07 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ehhhh it scares me that my mom is talking about wearing a tube top, mini skirt, and thigh high boots (and yes mom I was thinking of your teenage years when I wrote all of those) but don't ask her for more information. GROSS.

7/21/2005 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home