Friday, July 15, 2005

Nerdy by Nature

My friend Aimee told me that she has a friend who use to be called this and I thought it fit perfectly with this post.

Our school got a new computer program this week. A program that I have been pushing for for the last two years. A program that will make my life 100 times easier in the amount of data entry and superfluous programming work I do.

I am EXCITED for this new program. Maybe a little too excited. We are still setting it up so it is not fully operational and I am chomping at the bit to get my hands on it and do all kinds of fun data operational stuff. And yes I consider this fun. Anything that makes my day easier or at least more efficient and produces a higher quality of work is ok with me.

So that is why I have been absent the last few days from the blogosphere. I'm having too much fun with my program to post but do not fret, soon the new and shiny program will be old news and I will return with vigor to my beloved blog.

5 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Will it do your job for you... so you can blog all day?

7/15/2005 1:37 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ben if I could figure out how to get paid for blogging with would be my new profession. This program will make my job more efficent and maybe just maybe easier but unfortunatly it does not run itself so I will have to tell it what to do and when.

I will say that my blogging will continue to be spotty and sporadic up until the beginning of September and school has gotten into full swing

7/17/2005 7:53 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

what is the program?

7/18/2005 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok... I am new to the world of blogging, and to my delight the first time I look at a blog, my name is on the first line... so exciting! Ok, factoid...did you know that the word nerd first appeared in 1950 in Dr. Seuss's If I Ran the Zoo: “And then, just to show them, I'll sail to Ka-Troo And Bring Back an It-Kutch a Preep and a Proo A Nerkle a Nerd and a Seersucker, too!” (The nerd is a small humanoid creature looking comically angry, like a thin, cross Chester A. Arthur.) Crazy, huh?

7/18/2005 3:36 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

THe above comment is one of the many reasons I like this Aimee gal. She is super cool and super funny and I am just realizing how much fun she is.

7/19/2005 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home