Tuesday, February 08, 2005

It was a sad day on cubicle row . . . .

I had to leave a dear friend behind today. It pained me to say goodbye to him but he was holding me back. As I turned and left I remembered all the good times we had. The work we had done together that was so productive, that big handbook project where we spent hours working together. It brought tears to my eyes as I realized what a great team we had made. It is so hard to admit to yourself that your partner is just not keeping up anymore. It makes you doubt yourself, it makes you question everything life. To come to this decision to look him in the face and tell him we can't go on together, that you have to leave him behind and move on to a new work mate. It rips your heart out as you see the realization in his eyes that he's just not the same person anymore, that realization that his time is up. So goodbye dear friend, dear co-worker, I will treasure all the times we had together. These last few days will in no way tarnish my memory of your great work, your desire to be and do the best. Your replacement has a long way to go before he holds such a tender place in my heart. Goodbye Bic White Out correction flued with the nice soft sponge. You gave it your all and just got too old. You lost your milky white coverage. Don't despair it happens to all the white outs. I will fondly remember all the words we wiped from existance together. Rest in peace in my trashcan.

2 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

you could have at least given Bic a decent burial, KT. he's a correction pen too, you know.

2/08/2005 10:12 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

He had a nice quiet burial and his final resting place is right next to me so that I can visit and reminice about our times together. My Bic was not a correction pen, we thumb our noses at correction pens. Those high fallutin pens think they are so special but no we know the real meat and potatoes of the correction world is the magic want of sponge and liquid. We think the pens are just a phase that will soon pass.

2/08/2005 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home