Monday, January 24, 2005

Calgon take me away

Does anyone remember those commercials where the woman is completely overloaded with work, family, stress and in desperation she screams "Calgon, take me away" and then magically she is transported to a huge bathtub with bubbles, candles, and the important Calgon, which I am convinced is some time of narcotic that can be ingested through contact with the skin. I always thought these commercials were a little weird. I mean the woman was there in a bathtub naked (a little sketchy for the early 80s when these commercials started, of course this was before the age of wardrobe malfunctions). Well I am in a state now where I want the happy tub to take me away. I'm serious if a bathtub floated down in front of my desk right now I would jump in and fly away to bubble heaven with candles, chocolate, a good book and a Diet Dr Pepper. So if anyone knows of where the magical bathtub comes from feel free to send it my way.

3 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

Katie. Really.

1/24/2005 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KATYA, WHERE ARE YOU? THE RUSSIANS CALLED AND CAN'T FIND YOU. ALL THEY CAN FIND IS YOUR PASSPORT.

COME OUT, COME OUT, WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!

-THE GOVERNMENT

1/28/2005 1:35 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

when I was in 7th grade I had just transferred from Liberty Christian to public school- for some reason I thought it was appropriate at public school to be obnoxious and loud- so I was trying very hard to be the class clown. I remember my teacher being so tired at the end of the class she said, "OH, I can't wait to get home to take a nice hot bath." and I blurted out in a real high womans voice that sounded a lot like my own at the time because I was only 11 in the 7th grade, "Calgon, take me away!" and everyone laughed and so did the teacher - it was the only time thought that people actually laughed when I blurted something out, afterward people just threw tomatoes because I was so not funny- but I will still have my one Calgon moment.

1/30/2005 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home