Monday, January 31, 2005

Do I watch too much T.V.?

Ok so this weekend was one of complete laziness.

No I haven't turned to the life of a sluggard (note the extra g and the ard so that you won't think I am turning into a slug either, yuck like that guy in the fly - gross, that movie was freaky with a capital f and y).

Well I’ve been sickly lately; the sickly where you feel sick some days and fine the next but the sickness hangs around and rears its sickly head when you are super busy. So I decided to rest, relax, and give my body a weekend of nothing.

So I did what any other sick person would do and I slept, read, and watched TV. And what did I watch you may ask. Well many many things. It seems that when there is something good on that you want to watch, there are many good things on and you must choose between all the good. But when there is nothing of interest you want to watch there is also nothing of quality, time, or even the effort to push the little button on the remote worth watching.

But I digress, not digest mind you. I watched four things of interest this weekend. I will include Thursday night because it is note worthy and funny.

CSI – I taped the rerun on Thursday night because I was spending time with the girls. Of all the CSIs there are, and I’ve seen 97.334 percent of them, this was the best 15 minutes of intial CSIing I’ve ever seen. This show is very technical and often dark and disturbing in the crime so when they throw in a little bit of humor it is good stuff. So I laughed out loud at 11:00 p.m. in my house at three funny scenes. I’m debating whether to tell them to you as they will not be funny and then you will watch the show and it will all be a big letdown and then well you’ll never trust me again when I say things are funny. Oh well feel free to scroll past this is you want.

Funny scene #1

The head CSIer walks up to a college grounds maintenance worker(GMW) and asks about his chipper (makes mulch out of tree branches)

CSIer: Can a body fit through this?

GMW: Are you planning something?

CSIer: Gill Grissom, Las Vegas Crime Lab.

GMW: John Smith, master of the universe.

Laughter ensues on my part.

The CSIer swabs the chipper with a q-tip (which are the #1 beauty product if you believe the radio ads) and proceeds to wipe it on a small white piece of plastic that detects if it’s human blood.

GMW: Is it pregnant?

Laughter ensues.

New Scene

Another CSIer is counting maggots in the lab, the scene opens with him:

Diez y sies, Diez y siete, Diez y ocho (He’s counting in Spanish and it more white than me)

Laughter

Ok so that whole thing might have bombed but it was funny to me.

Next Show: Con Air

Ok so how funny is it when a rough and tumble guy’s movie which is supposed to be action packed is more funny than exciting. Nicolas Cage – who I really like as an actor and find very attractive, I know I’m weird – plays a former army ranger who is put in jail and is being released but ends up on a prisoner transport train that becomes high jacked by other prisoners.

Ok the most funny line:

Scary rapist prisoner: Do you know what I am?

Nic: Ugly all day (said in a backwoods Alabama accent)

Classic funny. And there were so many more. Watch the movie for the lines and laugh and laugh and laugh.


Next Show: Pompeii

My nerd quotient was filled by this show, although I missed the first half hour and hope they re-run it so I can see it. I love the Discovery and History channel. I could live the rest of my life forced to watch these two stations 20 hours a day and be content. Hi I’m Katie and I’m a nerd.


Next Show: Hallmark Movie – Ordinary Days

Ok I know this seems very much out of place with the rest but oh well it was good. I actually taped this because I had read reviews that said it was worth while. It was good. I want to move to a farm in Colorado and have a sweet gentle farmer fall in love with me. I think I withheld the tears but it was a little hard.


Ok so that is the weekend recap. Oh wait I also went out on Sunday night to celebrate Heather’s birthday and then had a very interesting and thought invoking conversation with Matt and Heather. It was so good I talked to myself about it all the way home. Conversations that lead to me talking to myself are usually the best.

Sorry for the randomness of today’s post. I’ll try to be more cohesive tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Conversation with Matt and Heather - covered everything. The thing I think is so Heather about Heather is she stews on a conversation and gets back to you after she's thought about it for a few days.

Matt and I, on the other hand, are rapid fire conversation, we blip around from topic to topic, some connected and related and some not. We covered grace, law, Christians who might not vote republican, the war, former President Clinton, redemption, the state of the youth culture, being benched by God, all kinds of things.

Farm boys: So I said today at lunch that I watched that movie and it was cute and made me want to find a wonderful farm man to love me and marry me and have me work on the farm with him and my teacher friend said I should move to Aubrey and I said, well I live in Krum, and that is country. But alas, no farm boys who are looking for a deep conversation, history channel loving, able to lift heavy objects, but with a senstive heart kind of girl. Farm boy, fetch me that pitcher.

1/31/2005 3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Katie. It's A.M.A. I just found out about this page and its pretty entertaining...I of course don't have as much time as I would like to read it all...but I did read the part about C.S.I. and I must say that I LOVE that show. But the only thing that gets on my nerves is the quirky little one liners that the writers try to pass off as realistic. I am in love with Warick (spelling?) and Nick.

I never got into BSF...what is up with that!?

Later,
Amanda

2/04/2005 3:15 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

AMA - I share your love for Warrick and Nick and I must admit that I carry a crush on Greg - geeky I know but still cute. I'm so sad on BSF. I know they still have a waiting list (ugh). If you still want to do it I would suggest coming to our end of year intro classes (late April or early May) coming to this should GUARANTEE placement for next fall.

2/04/2005 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home