Friday, December 15, 2006

Cause I live in Texas:

1. About two weeks ago is SNOWED at the end of November and yet tomorrow it will reach a high of 79. So in the last three weeks we have gone from mid 70's to below freezing to the high 70's. This does not help me in regards to having a stable wardrobe rotation. One day sweaters next day t-shirts. GOSH pick a season already.

2. I was in the Sam's parking lot in a residential shopping center right next to a large high-way and saw two men dressed in all black (hats included) riding horses across an intersection. Mind you we are nowhere near the "country" but in the city. As we see them ride up to a tex-mex restaurant I notice that they have been surrounded by a mass of asian tourists (or they might not be tourists but they sure looked like tourists to me - as noted by the plethora of cameras and fanny packs). This mass of people were corralling the horse riding cowboys into a picture. I live in a place nicknamed "Cow Town" people.

3. Yesterday while driving by another Tex-Mex restaurant (it is Texas and we love our mexican food) I saw the SWEETEST more RAD and GNARLY mullet I have witnessed in a long time. It was almost so beautiful I felt the tears welling up in my eyes and I'm pretty sure I have a slipped vertebrae because of the whiplash I gave myself while trying to burn the image into my brain. It was nice and long in back and with a bit of a wave, and the the top was short but long enough for some good Rave or AquaNet- induced height and body. This man might have even used a pick to tease it up a bit for optimum height. Oh and he was wearing wranglers and cowboy boots.

6 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I had a mullet in High School... but it wasn't very long...

I look much better now.

12/15/2006 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummmmmmmy. Not.

12/17/2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger Lorie said...

And thanks to your brilliant description, I can see said-mullet in my mind's eye...

It's a beaut.

12/18/2006 10:15 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

haha. You need to be like Jes and carry your camera with you at all times and if you don't have your camera then you need to use paint shop to create the images because you know what they say about pictures being worth a thousand words.

12/18/2006 4:17 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Yeah, we have guys on horses in New York, too. But they don't have cowboy hats. (Central Park police DO NOT wear such winsome attire. :)

12/19/2006 9:29 AM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

It's odd but back in the day we didn't know they were called Mullets. I had the cool kind (at least I thought so) where you grew out the back and permed it into loose curls (not tight ones ala Ray Boltz but more of a white man's half Jerry Curl).

12/19/2006 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home