Tuesday, November 21, 2006

And so it begins . . . .

The mental conversation in my head of late has gone something like this:

Uhhhh, you work in ministry full time now.

Really?This is what I get paid to do?

Yep, this is your job, your profession, you know . . . your work.

No way, I get paid to do something I love?

Yup.

SWEET.

It's crazy. CRAZY. I'm doing ministry . . . full-time . . . for my job. Really people, I'm tripping out on this. I mean if you talked with me a year ago this is not at all where I thought I would be, oh it is exactly where I wanted to be but heck no I didn't think that I would actually get to do what I want, what my heart wants. And now I do . . . I'm in ministry . . . me. And yes, I know some of you will think, well of course, we knew that, but I didn't and I kinda still don't. I'm so thankful for it and I'm so blessed by it but I'm still trying to make sure that this isn't some extended dream sequence that I will wake up from and have that sinking feeling that it was all just a dream.

Ok, sorry I'm still a bit in a daze of realizing this is now my reality and getting settled in all the new stuff. I plan on getting back to the "You shaped Me" post that I mentioned a few back, it's all up in my head but just needs to get down on paper, or screen as it may be.

On another note, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and fill yourself with all kinds of yummy treats and get some good time with family and friends.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm excited that you're in your dream field, doing (and getting paid for!) exactly what you always hoped you could.

11/21/2006 5:29 PM  
Blogger amelia said...

I'm so happy for you! I hope you never lose that fresh enjoyment and excitement!

11/21/2006 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, also!!!! Can't wait to hear the rest of that Me Shaped You post.

:-) Congrats on your position. YOU ARE AWESOME!

11/21/2006 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't stay tonight long enough to get a chance to talk to you... I am so excited that you love your new job!

I also realized that I recently sent you an email, but that it went to your old work email... can you please email the CMG's tomorrow and let us know how the heck we can email you???

11/21/2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

You have a great Thanksgiving, too.

11/22/2006 7:18 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Katie's cool.

God knows it... and so he blessed you with a really cool position... working for Him.

How cool is that?

If I were Him, I would have hired you too... but I am not... (which is a good thing) so I am just glad that He continues to look out for you. ;)

11/22/2006 8:09 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Yea K-T! Good to hear from you and that you are enjoying your new job.

SO happy for you!

11/27/2006 11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It snowed here!!!! At my house which is about sea level, maybe 20 feet. Kinda cool!! Wish you were here.

11/27/2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

It's very cool KT.

11/28/2006 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. Good for you!

11/28/2006 6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your opportunity to work for God...and to get paid for it. Awesome!

Shirley Buxton
www.writenow.wordpress.com

12/08/2006 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home