Friday, December 01, 2006

SNOW*

It snowed in Texas . . . SNOWED . . . in November . . . . SNOWED . . . . after being near 75 at the beginning of the week we finished it out with SNOW.

And while I was sitting at home trying to boot the nasty little dwarfs that were still wreaking havoc in my head (they had recently decided to relocate to their vacation home also known as my sinuses) I watched as the snow fell to the ground. It was pretty, and white, and SNOW.

Today as I got up to go to work (I think the dwarfs have left the building, much like Elvis) I relished in putting on a nice snuggly warm sweater (ohhhh so soft and snuggly) and gathering my gloves and even contemplating wearing a scarf (with pockets for your hands - eat your heart out jess).

SNOW . . . yea.

*note this was not the flakey snow that floats to the ground with such delicacy. Instead this was more like little bitty pellets of frozen rain/snow that did accumulate to make a white film on the grass, roofs, and cars. This is Texas people we have low standards when it comes to wintery weather.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lorie said...

Oh, good. My delivery made it. :) Just kidding. We might be looking at some snow in the next coupla days, too. Weird. It's been mid-sixties all week. Global warming is undeniable, people.

Where did you get your scarf with pockets. I desperately want one...

12/01/2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

I don't suppose it was anything like the 10 inches we got here today?

Oh yeah. Fun cleaning your car off to go to lunch.

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

12/01/2006 7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little off subject (cause no snow for us) but I bought a dress today for a wedding coming up and it has pockets! I love it... pockets in a cocktail dress. I think I need a scarf w/ pockets too though. That sounds fun!

12/01/2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

...and my plan has worked perfectly.

12/02/2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Yey for snow!

Boo for work (which never closed so I could stay all snuggly in my warm bed all day)!

Brrrrrr for me because it is Sunday and I'm still cold, cold, cold! Methinks I need to make a purchase of a new quilt. My one blanket just isn't warm enough somehow...

12/03/2006 10:51 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

I would love a nice, huge blanket of snow that would keep me snowed in for like a week.

Actually I'd probably go stir-crazy, but I could use the rest.

12/04/2006 12:59 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

We've had our first "real" snowfall today. It started sometime in the early morning hours I think, and it's still snowing (it's 6:18pm now). I'm not sure on the accumulation, but I believe they are calling for upwards of 20cm (not sure how many inches that is) when all is said and done. We had a bit of snow mixed with rain/freezing rain the other day, but by yesterday most of that was melted. It is definately looking a lot like Christmas now.

12/04/2006 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever. In Dallas it was 77 and then dropped to 29 in one 12-hour period. That's heinous.

HEINOUS.

12/04/2006 5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Katie...1st, we need to hang. Kristie Falbo is on myspace, I think we should get together and catch up. 2nd, i need your new address for my wedding list.

thanks and hope you have a great week!
AMA

12/04/2006 6:52 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

My goodness... we're still raking leaves here in New York, where it always used to snow by the time my birthday came and went. (Yup, it went... no snow.)

12/05/2006 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home