Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Remember that time . . .

when a family of dwarfs set up shop in my throat and decided to turn my tonsils into barn swings thus rendering me voiceless?

Oh you don't, well today is a repeat of that exact event. I'm bordering on having no voice but in the meantime I can take heart in knowing that for the moment I can communicate with my fellow humans without the assistance of a dry erase board or spastic hand guestures (because I only know the proper signs for the words of the songs I lead at sunday school with kids and I'm not sure if those will get me through a real conversation). But as I use of the last bit of my voice I realize that I sound an awful lot like Barry White if he was a blonde, pasty-white woman with a twinge of a southern accent who sounds like she just chain smoked for 12 hours straight and chased it with a gallon of jack daniels. Whee, those dwarfs sure know how to make my day fun.

So if you see some crazy lady guestering wildly with her hands and trying to communicate through the raising and lowering of her eyebrows and lots of winking then you know its me and I've lost the last shred of my barritone voice.

Oh and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

9 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

Dwarves in your throat? If I've told you once, Katie, I've told you a thousand times:

Stop eating the little people!

11/28/2006 12:04 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Just so long as they don't sing Heigh Ho. It kind of grates on a person after awhile. :)

11/28/2006 1:11 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

HA HA HA HA H! Bobby was funny.

Awww, K-T. I'm singing tenor today, but not bass like you.

I will, however, sign with you anytime you'd like.

So thankful I don't have to talk tonight since I'm going to school. yea!

11/28/2006 2:42 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Barn Swing!! oh, KT, i almost forgot about that thing! And then to picture Gnomes or Elves barn swinging on your tonsils did bring me pure delight! I might need to make a special trip up to the hangar to check out the old barn swing. Is it still there?

11/28/2006 2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pooor, pooor katie. no voice. little garden gnomes fighting with the mucus sprinkler in her throat.

11/28/2006 4:50 PM  
Blogger Lorie said...

Bless your little heart.

11/29/2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

still in the process of losing the voice


interesting fact, it is fully normal to wake up at 3:30 in the morning with your throat on fire (because the dwarfs are having a rave of course) and decide that the only way to stop the pain is to drown said dwarfs (or is it dwarves?) in a large helping of ice cream, eaten in bed, whilst you are propped up by pillows so as to help the whole breathing thing that is normally needed while sleeping

11/29/2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

Ice cream in bed at 3:30 am -- I want to do that! And I shall, the next time I know I'll be able to sleep late in the morning.

11/29/2006 1:34 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Hahahaha...I mean, I hope you (and your dwarves) feel better soon. :P

Oh, and it is SOOOOooo okay to eat ice cream while sick with sore throat at 3:30 in the morning. When you are ill almost anything flies...

11/29/2006 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home