Sunday, November 12, 2006

Moving

I'm moving . . . homes, jobs, cities, and probably more importantly on this thing we call life.

I move into a new apartment tomorrow in a new city to start a new job on Wednesday.

And uhhh I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all . . . a equal balance of fear and excitment.

As I sit in my old office at the school packing up a box of my "stuff" I realize that this small box won't fit all the things that have meant the most to me in the last season of my life here at the school. The kids that I've watched grow up don't fit in the box, the families that I've come to love don't fit, the relationships that have made me laugh, cry, and most importantly showed me the overwhelming goodness of our God don't fit. My box will only hold the "stuff" but it's all the rest that I sit here wishing I could pack up and take with me. I am so amazingly thankful for the last six years at this school. They have encompassed moments on the mountaintop and time spent in the valley and yet this whole journey has been so worth it because it's brought me to this exact moment where my path takes a turn and I start a new journey in a new place.

You can't say goodbye to a place like this, to the people that have impacted my life, to the moments that have shaped who I am today. So I almost find it a bit fitting that I'm sitting up at school late at night typing away on a blog post (which I've done oh so many times) and tomorrow I begin a new adventure that I'm sure will be chronicled in many more posts.

But for now I'm going to be out of pocket for a few days as I get situated on this new crazy adventure of full-time ministry. Wait who am I kidding, I've been in full-time ministry for a while now it just didn't always fell like it.

On Wednesday, I start as the Children's Ministry Director for Trinity Chapel Bible Church of Ft. Worth Texas. Me . . . full time ministry . . . for kids . . . . only God could have made this happen.

I'm a bit scared and feeling very unworthy but throughout this whole last month or so I've see the hand of God move in my life to give me a desire of my heart that was hidden for so long. And I trust Him to walk beside me through this new season and when I need it (and oh I will need it) I trust Him to carry me when I can't make it on my own two feet.

So Kpinion will be silent for a few days, but I'll be back and I'm working on the follow up to my last post. Feel free to comment with wild abandonment in my absence.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I trust that all goes well in your moving and your "letting go". I've been there and it's not easy. I certainly remember the feelings of wanting to pack it all up and take it with me.
It's an exciting time for you as you take this big step and I know that God will go with you!

11/13/2006 12:09 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

"Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

First person who guesses where that quote came from gets a free can o' respect.

11/13/2006 8:05 AM  
Blogger Lorie said...

Dirty Dancing, of course! Only one of the greatest movies of all time...

K8y, we'll miss you here in Bloggerland. Get settled in and hurry back.

My family used to live in Ft. Worth! Enjoy your new digs.

11/13/2006 10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comment with wild abandonment? Katie, do you really want to open up that box?

I'm stoked for you & for this new change in your life. It's been a long-time-comin'.

11/13/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

You can do it Katie! Just remember to lean on Him and let Him help :o)

11/13/2006 6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie- God bless you as you continue on in your great big adventure. How awesome for you!


btw, my hubby wants to know if he can use your last post as a sermon sometime... seriously

*hugs* good luck

11/14/2006 6:19 AM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

You have a tough transition ahead. Did you know that moving is one of the most stressful things you can do?

But I sense you are following God's will, and you can only be blessed by that Katie.

Children's ministry. How exciting!!

11/14/2006 7:38 AM  
Blogger steve said...

you will rock like Menudo!!

11/14/2006 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We be here, we be waiting, we be prayin the transistion goes well. We be, until then may the sporks be with you!

11/14/2006 11:03 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Best wishes on your new adventures. Don't forget to just take a moment and breathe. And enjoy.

11/14/2006 1:22 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

I like how you talk about the boxes not holding what's truly of worth. Only your heart and mind can keep those things safe.

Blessings on your new life...

11/14/2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Hi Katie...hoping that you are enjoying your new apartment and new job - even though it's only been a couple of days!

11/16/2006 8:07 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

When... if I ever leave my job... I will need a HUGE box to take all my "shtuff" from my office... I have so many trinkets from all over the world and pictures and diplomas and gold fish and lamps and ... well junk.

Can't wait to hear how things are going.

11/19/2006 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home