Monday, October 02, 2006

Case of the Mondays

Monday, how I have a love/hate relationship with you.

Since it's monday and my brain is still back on saturday afternoon around 2 p.m. I thought I would take a moment and make a small confession to the blogworld.

Don't judge me by this but you may laugh (but only because I gave you permission).

So I moved this weekend, and thus had to clean out my fridge (because spelling refridgerator takes a bit too much effort and it always looks wrong - and probably is). I moved in to my "old place" three and a half years ago and had to do the whole cooler shuttle to take my old food to my new place. At that time I transported about 12 Healthy Choice frozen dinners that I bought one day in a mad craze of easy healthy eating (and they were on mamouth sale). I then realized that I really don't like the tast of Healthy Choice microwave meals with their rubbery veggies and grey colored meat so they stayed in my freezer becoming a possible 5th grade science project. Every time I opened my freezer (to reach for the Lean Cuisine microwave pizzas - a much better option), the edamame (effinmama for JCol), or the Blue Bell Ice Cream (how I love thee, let me count the ways, oh wait I can just look at my hips and see how much love I have for you) I would have to face the dozen or so Healthy Choice dinners mocking me for my insistence of keeping them and yet not eating them. So Saturday I claimed victory over the frozen dinners and had a short memorial service as I sent them to a far better place (the garbage can). So my confession is that I had a dozen frozen dinners in my freezer for over three years, after moving them from one home to another and only the task of moving caused me to throw them away.

Again, don't judge me, but you may laugh (with permission only).

So any confessions you'd like to share this Monday?

8 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I'm not quite sure which of these sentences made me laugh more...

the edamame (effinmama for JCol), or the Blue Bell Ice Cream (how I love thee, let me count the ways, oh wait I can just look at my hips and see how much love I have for you)

Maybe ask your co-workers, or the helpdesk guy on the phone since I read it when I was on the phone with him and laughed out loud.

So yeah, that's my Monday moment. Reading your blog while on the phone. Not a good choice JCOL.

10/02/2006 1:45 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Wait, what?? Why am I asking you to ask YOUR co-workers. You need to ask MY co-workers.

*sigh* It's SOOOO Monday.

10/02/2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

You could have donated them to a homeless shelter. I am sure they wouldn't have complained.

10/02/2006 2:05 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

The problem with frozen dinners is that the portions are so small. I'd need to eat three of them for a decent-sized meal.

You were right to throw them out. Small-ish little things.

10/03/2006 7:24 AM  
Blogger RosieBoo said...

I just finished a yummy Smart Ones meals....Healthy Choice are pretty icky...I don't blame you.

Nice blog!!

10/03/2006 11:44 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I took two naps today. It's Tuesday but I felt like confessing.

10/03/2006 2:38 PM  
Blogger Lorie said...

That's my girl. Pack rats unite! I probably have some pantry items, etc. that have been with me through a couple of moves. Although, when I bought my house I thought, "I'll just start ALL over and only have the things I like and want in my house"...yeah, right.

10/04/2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

RUBBERY VEGGIES... Oh my gosh! You are sooooooo on! I hate them, and yet, I get myself down to the lack of grocery point where I am forced to eat them... and when you are hungry, you are hungry!

10/05/2006 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home