Monday, July 17, 2006

"Save That"

On the morning radio show I tune into they often call out those words when someone says something that obviously by-passed the internal filter that exists between the brain and the mouth. Nothing compares to actually having taped proof of a stupid or just plain idiotic comment.

I've often wanted to carry a mini-recorder around with me so that I could have evidence of such instances that my friends fall victim to. Unfortunately, I think I am the chief offender of saying something that makes perfect sense in my mind and yet comes out as a highly entertaining sound bite.

For instance, today, I was instant messaging with a friend about the heat here in Texas and typed this phrase:

"dude i grew up with 100+ temps and high humidity, i'm a freakin swamp monster"

Ummmmmm, yep, this would be one of those moments that the phrase "save that" would be uttered.

13 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Why would you "Save That" ... you ARE a "freakin' swamp monster."

7/17/2006 11:44 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

ha ha. That is funny... Ben's comment isn't true either, you are anything but a swamp monster... I don't think I have ever seen you sweat KT - maybe a tiny bit at Kamp - but not really even then.

But it IS HOT HERE AND I AM READY FOR WINTER!!!

7/17/2006 12:09 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

thanks eddo and if i hid my sweating from others than that makes me happy

7/17/2006 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

since I haven't met you all in person I can't really call you freaks...but I DONT WANT WINTER YET!!! It get's cold and wet and moldy in oregon...so I'll keep the sun, the sweat and you guys can just come up and visit us good ole folks. ~C

7/17/2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger steve said...

New name... "The SW"

7/17/2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

c~ - MOLDY, MOLDY - yuck, and your summer is our winter so it's an even trade

steve - SW? sweaty woman? WE ARE IN A FIGHT

7/17/2006 1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you ever change from kpinion, maybe that could be your next domain: swampmonster.com

7/17/2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

That or the "Chirky Swamp Monster."

Ha!

7/17/2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

www.chirkyswampmonster.com

7/17/2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

SM--um, I mean, KT--ha, ha, ha. It is really so very hot here lately! Like, the kind of hot where you just can't run that air conditioning high enough. Nothing like a nice 104F temperature to make you feel like a wilted plant. Only last week (or maybe it was the week before that), I was thinking that for July, it really hadn't been that bad. And then this week came, and I changed my mind.

so.hot.

7/17/2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

It's hot as hades out there!

K-T, you are still cracking me up.

7/17/2006 9:34 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

hehe

7/17/2006 11:38 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

FUNNY!! I do that same thing. I just said something priceless this morning too: but I can't remember what it was, being that I say SO MANY memorable "save that" things, that it's so HARD to keep track!! hehehe

Great minds must think alike I guess. :)

7/18/2006 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home