Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Evidently genes trumps blonde hair

In a phone conversation with my mother yesterday she was *ahem* a little distracted as she tried to talk to me and my dad at the same time. I called her on it (i'm such a respectful daughter) and she said that my phone was breaking up anyway so I should call her back later.

About one minute later my dad called me to explain that it was not MY phone that was breaking up but that my mother, so engrossed in her conversation with me (ahahaha), had carried the portable home phone out with her when they got in the car to drive away. Since, obviously, home portable phones don't have too much of a range the signal was giving out as they reached the end of the street. The best part is that my mother was oblivious to the fact that she was on the home phone, assuming of course that she was on her cell and that is must be MY phone that was dropping the call.

This reminded me of the time I was in a restaurant with a group of friends and reached into my purse to pull out my cell phone. I dialed and waited and nothing happened. I dialed again . . . . . nothing. Exasperated I looked down at my phone and realized that I had grabbed my portable home phone. Now I do have to mention this was in the late 90's so cell phones were big and bulky back then and my portable phone was black and small so the mistake was understandable (ok well maybe not all that understandable). I sheepishly looked around to see if anyone had noticed and quickly slipped my phone back in my purse.

So now I contemplate the future of any daughters I have. They will inevitably inherit the phone gene that my mother passed on to me. Maybe I should plan on having only sons.

11 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Ha! Did the phone have one of those metal antennas?

Nice.

6/28/2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

oh my gosh... that is SO FUNNY!

if it makes you feel any better I found my keys in the fridge yesterday... ha!

6/28/2006 10:50 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

FUNNY!!

6/28/2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

oh and not to rat our my mother even more, but their protable phone has one of those shoulder cradles which uhhh doesn't normally come on a cell phone

6/28/2006 12:43 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

That's almost as bad as the corny dog woman at Sonic! At least you didn't wind up with mustard in your ear.

6/29/2006 6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe

6/29/2006 7:02 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

THAT is hilarious. But probably something I would do. And I'm not even blond under this sombrero.

6/29/2006 9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KT, I'd like to plan to only have sons, also. Let's work on that together.

Your mom makes me laugh.

6/29/2006 10:51 AM  
Blogger steve said...

oh your poor Mom... called out on your blog... bad daughter.... bad daughter

6/29/2006 12:15 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Pshaw Steve, if I remember correctly you have BRAGGED about all the april fools jokes you've played on your mom


Ahem Pot, this is Kettle . . . uhhh you're black my friend

6/29/2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

i want MORE pickle pictures

7/01/2006 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home