Thursday, July 06, 2006

Rain, rain, go away . . .

It’s like peanut butter and jelly, Ben and Jerry, Batman and Robin, little league baseball and hotdogs . . . . . . BEACH and SUN.

Ahhhh but somebody didn’t get the memo and my 4th of July included the beach and very little sun. I was all prepared. I had packed my sunscreen (I’m practically a ghost here with my fair complexion), a fun cowboy hat for the beach, a book to read while I lounged listening to the surf, and plenty of tank tops and shorts. Not on my list were sweatshirts (or any long sleeve shirts at that) or pants (I brought two pairs of capris that saw a lot of wear time). I was ready and willing to soak up the sun but the sun obviously didn’t want to be soaked. Stupid sun.

So what do you do when in a beach cabin (ON THE BEACH PEOPLE – sand and surf only a few steps from my door) and the weather doesn’t want to cooperate? You make do. (Well you whine a little bit but you suck it up and pull on your boots to be a trooper).

Oh well, I got to spend time with my family and eat some good seafood. And on the 4th we had a family reunion of sorts and I got to see the people you’re related to but really don’t see all that often. And I got to eat my grandpa’s GUMBO. That was worth all the stinky weather and such.

Oh and I got to take a nice walk on the beach with my I-pod and then I got to shoot fireworks out at the ocean (thankfully the weather broke for a few hours on the night of the 3rd so we had some pyromaniac fun). Nothing beats holding a roman candle in your hand while debating whether to light it in the charcoal grill or use one of those punks that don't seem to work (ahahaha don’t worry I’m not that crazy and stupid).

Hope everyone had a good weekend and celebrated like champs.

Oh and on our trip into Galveston I had to snap a pic of this. Yep, I own my own seafood market and never knew.

7 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

you mean your k-pod, right???

I had fish and chips for lunch today. And for lunch two days ago. :)

Hello my still fair-skinned friend!

7/06/2006 2:00 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Hope you had a good fourth!

7/06/2006 2:37 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

You should open up a chain of your fish places. I'll be your manager in Louisville. If you offer a good benefits package and free fish 'n chips.

7/06/2006 3:03 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

I told you... it's all because I washed my car on Saturday! I am sorry!

7/06/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Was most of the US getting rain these past number of days? It seems that just about at every turn I hear somebody telling a rain tale. But it sounds like you and your family made the best of a "bad" situation. Enjoy.

7/06/2006 5:21 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Boo to crappy weather: but hey, at least you got to enjoy some good eats, right?

7/07/2006 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm [here]...and I'm singing...I"M [HERE] AND I'M SINGING!
("There's no singing in the North Pole")
Yes, there is!
("No there isn't")
Uh-huh.
-Elf (2003)

7/07/2006 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home