Sunday, July 09, 2006

And that was the moment that I had to actually say outloud "Katie stop talking"

I went to the movies on Saturday night with my friend Kristi and two of her friends and we had a good time watching Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest (second time to see it in as many days . . . I'm not weird or anything).

I’ve mentioned before that I am a bit “particular” (not read as high maintenance thank you) about going to the movies and seeing the previews. I’m always so excited to see what new flicks are coming up. So there was a preview for a movie last night that drove me to utter the words in the title.

This particular preview started out and it wasn’t really grabbing my attention, something about a space rover sent to mars in 2003 and some confidential video footage that was our only warning. You see the video and a shadow of a robot that destroys the rover. I wasn’t all that impressed until the name of the movie showed up on the screen.

TRANSFORMERS

This was when I began to bounce in my seat. I was able to contain my excitement until after the movie when our group piled in the car and began talking about the movie and the previews.

Me: “I’m so excited about the Transformers movie."

My friend Kristi: “Me too . . . wait I’m thinking of voltron”

Barry (kristi's friend): “Oh in Voltron they were cats"

ME: "Yes, transformers were the machines that turned into robots like Optimus Prime was a big rig.”

Kristi: “Oh yeah now I remember”

Me: in a sing-song voice “Transformers, more than meets the eye”

Silence

Me: “Katie stop talking”

Laughter

Uhhh, so yeah I’m all about making an impact in my first impression.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't Bianca there, too?

Also, you failed to mention the other previews: like the new Bring It On movie.

suh-weeet!!

7/10/2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Actually Bianca was there for the first viewing on Friday, this was on Saturday.

And I did see the Bring it On preview and mentioned to my friend that even though it scored high on the cheese factor I will probably end up watching that movie as well . . . . and then when it mentioned that it was going straight to DVD, I said I would have to netflicks it and would probably be slightly embarrased that it showed up in my qeue (or however you spell that stupid word) . . . . but we can watch it together

7/10/2006 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am sad that i missed the Bring it on preview because i had to run outside and get the other 2 girls...boo hoo!

B.

7/10/2006 1:15 PM  
Blogger steve said...

No way....


I went to see it and I freaked also. I actually did the

"ROBOTS IN DISGUISE" line instead though...

that new MArky Mark movie about the Eagles is going to ROCK!! (unlike the movie WITH the Rock that will SUCK!)

7/10/2006 2:46 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wait Steve, weren't you in college or something when Transformers came out? ;)

And "No Way" - I told my friend that I couldn't wait for the Marky Mark movie cause it was about football and hello Marky Mark is hot (i know you think this too) and I made fun of the movie with the Rock, because uh hello anyone who refers to themselves as "The Rock" should stick to fake wrestling.

Duede get out of my head, it's crowded in there

7/10/2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

LOL! Katie you are such a riot! I bet you're a fun person to hang around with...no boring moments I'm sure!

7/10/2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!!!!!

7/10/2006 9:19 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

are you kidding? do you know how cool that makes you?

7/10/2006 9:30 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Actually, let me say, I just watcthed the trailer. Awesome!!

7/10/2006 9:35 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

They're making another Bring It On?

Anyway, yeah, I saw that Transformers preview too. Interesting.

Wasn't Pirates a great little summer movie? Swashbuckling fun.

7/11/2006 7:45 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

HILARIOUS!

I didn't know they were coming out with a TRANSFORMERS movie. So many hours I spent longing over the 3 foot Optimus Prime at the novelty store at Golden Triangle Mall.

The fact that you are in to Transformers KT makes you go up about 10 cool points.

See you Saturday. I think we are meeting at JC's correct?

7/11/2006 7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chica...I can so sing that song.(we should do backup vocals for a friend ; )) I think if I dig around some boxes I still have my transformers. ok, I'm going to open up here....I used to have a crush on one of them....the race car (could be why I drive like a race car driver now, who knows). I'm a geek, I'm particular and I'm 'speacial' and I'm okay with it all ~C

7/11/2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

i am so excited about the movie! [I, too, sing out "more than meets the eye!" anytime someone says anything about Transformers]

7/12/2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

HA HA K-T. You crack me up.

I love that about you.

7/12/2006 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home