Thursday, January 12, 2006

Prodigal Me by Shane Barnard

what have i done to get me here?
unraveled and undone, i need my father
what have i done? i've followed my feet to nowhere
now i'm here! as i ran, i can run no more
prodigal me

the mountains to the west, i know they laugh at me
they know i'm scared to cross and leave this life i lead
oh my pride! i give you up a barter for my freedom
what will they think as i come stumbling down to join their lives?

i need to cross this mountain and find my way home
i seek no greater fortune, rescue me
oh unmerciful divide be merciful tonight
show me the other side
prodigal me

the mountains to the east, they've swallowed my beloved
this house completely incomplete, where is my mortar?
where did he go? he followed his feet to nowhere
please come home! you've done me no wrong

each evening i look down that road
i hope and i wait for you
and my servants they look down that road
we watch and we pray for you
master, master, who's that man stumbling down that road?
could it be the one? could it be? could it be?
master, master, it's Your son
coming home to join our lives!

i'm looking down this mountain, i see my way home
there is no greater fortune, i believe!
oh unmerciful divide you laugh at me no more
oh i've reached the other side!
prodigal me

could i be the one? could i be? could i be?
Father, Father, we're Your sons
coming home to join Your life

we've finally crossed this mountain, and found our way home
there is no greater fortune than Jesus
oh how merciful is our God who gave His only Son!
oh we worship You tonight!

I have a post in the works, giving you more information on the "this" of the "this" vs. "that" of my previous post. I want to do it justice, so I'm giving it time, check back later because I intend to get it up today. Sorry folks, it looks like this post may have to wait until tomorrow but you are still welcome to enjoy the above lyrics.

In the mean time, i put these lyrics on a post of Stephanie's and just LOVE them so I thought I would share them with you. Comment at will.

9 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Will you let me borrow this CD sometime? Maybe I can pick it up tomorrow on my way from getting a haircut around noon?

1/12/2006 12:30 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

sure this is only one of about 6 that i have of Shane and Shane but you should start at the beginning and this is the beginning

1/12/2006 3:25 PM  
Blogger steve said...

i HAVE to learn this song now. I havent heard it but I will find it. I have only 3 Shane and Shane. Is this a Shane and Caleb?

1/12/2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Rocks won't Cry is the title of this CD, post Caleb and before he paired with Shane E Shane E. sings backgrounds though)

1/12/2006 3:43 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I can't WAIT to hear Jubal sing it.

I must admit, everytime I see his picture on the comments, I picture him with the baby face that Eddo gave him!!! HA HA HA HA!

1/12/2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Katie...you've been tagged. Instructions are on my knitting blog at http://kittenyarnsandcrafts.blogspot.com

1/12/2006 7:03 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

we don't have to talk about anything related to your entry, do we?

so, this morning i was driving in to work, and i heard this song by this guy Stephen Marshall, and i loved it! except i don't remember it. something about God being glorious or wonderous or something. hmm. maybe i should look that up.

1/13/2006 12:27 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

and, if you want to check out his site, you can at:
www.stephenmarshall.net

be sure you don't go to www.stephenmarshall.com, or else you'll see that the OTHER stephen marshall is a cabinet maker, and then you might wonder to yourself, "is he a cabinetmaker, and sings on the side? i don't understand."

1/13/2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

okay, so the song is "Truly Amazing" - track #5 on his website. :)

1/13/2006 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home