Monday, August 08, 2005

This ain’t game night at the Elk Lodge (Part 1)

Game night always sounded to me like something you did when you got old and boring but there is nothing old or boring about our monthly game night.

Jes and Roger have introduced a group of us to the game Settlers of Catan. It is crazy hard to pick up and get good at it, but it is ADDICTIVE.

I’ve heard there is some coveting of our game nights so I wanted to share some pictures so you could feel like you were actually there with us

The Gang:



An action shot as Roger lept across us and caused some internal injuries:



This game night started off with some entertainment as the circus had come to town. Eddie played the role of strong man (because hello who else but eddie could be our strong man).


And yes people, these are Eddie's calves:


Bianca then joined Eddie in some Cirque de Soleil antics.


Of course, to not be outdone I had to show off my acrobatic skillz (yes with a z, in fact with a capital Z). In all actuality we were all playing with R&J’s (roger and jes) exercise ball. Roger was showing us his back work out where you kneel on the ball and balance. This became one of those moments where I forget that I am lacking real balance skills of any kind. I have been known to fall down while standing still. Don’t ask, I can’t explain just accept it and move on, I have.

So I proceed to follow Roger’s instructions and try and kneel on this ball and balance with my hands. The next step is to take your hands off and balance but I didn’t make it that far. Instead I “felt” myself falling so I used my stunt girl skillz (again with the Z) and tried to launch my body up in the air so that I would land on my feet. No wait, that’s a lie. I actually was just trying not to do a face plant into the carpet, because, well, that would hurt. A lot. So I attempted to twist my body so that I would at least land on my side. Mental note: Do not twist anything while on a big ball of air. What occurred next was an acrobatic feat that has never been attempted again. I somehow bounced off the ball and actually flew into the air and then landed in a crumpled mass on the floor.

The funny part about all this is I distinctly remember being shocked as I heard a loud high pitch laugh/cackle in the middle of my flight. Then I hit the ground and felt the pain but I could not contain my own laughter. It was dead silent for two seconds and then the whole room erupted in laughter.

Jessica, who was the photographer for the evening was so shocked by my display of grace and flying capabilities missed the action shot and only got the recovery from landing/laughing my head off picture.



Everyone was asking if I was ok and I assured them that I have perfected the art of falling down and I have learned to laugh at myself quite well.

Stay tuned for part II and hear about actual game playing . . . . .

18 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

I am still imagining Eddo in the Vesace shirt... I think its a medium... might fit the calf.

Stay away from the exercise ball KT.. stay far away

8/08/2005 1:27 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

as i was fiddling with the camera, i saw KT flying through the air out of my peripheral vision.

i thought to myself, "How odd. KT is horizontal, in the air, and we don't have a trampoline."

by the time i moved the camera out of my line of vision, i saw kt hit the floor, BOUNCE BACK UP, and hit the floor again.

this is difficult to accomplish since we have a very, very hard floor.

i think she must have a bruised bottom.

8/08/2005 1:43 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Jes - I actually hit with my shoulder (Ow). I wish there was a video of it because I would like to see what everyone else saw.

Steve - unfortunataly the exercise ball is not a required prop for my antics.

8/08/2005 1:51 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

GREAT PICS. That was the one missing element from your blog, KT. Pictures. I first noticed your "profile" picture on your comments. WAY TO GO!!

8/08/2005 1:55 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks AM - now the bubble is burst that I don't look exactly like my cartoon replica (Ben will appreciate that comment)

8/08/2005 2:00 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

WHAT??!!?? You don't look like the image on your website...

I feel deceived.

lol.

Nice Skillz.

8/08/2005 2:07 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

awwww, i like the picture of you in the comments section, KT!

you're such a model. i'm going to make millions off of you.

8/08/2005 2:09 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

As if I wasn't already looking forward to game night anyways. Help me out here. I'm about ready to start marking off days on the calendar.

8/08/2005 2:16 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Great photos KT! And a great recap of the nights events. I am not sure if there needs to be a part deaux as I am quite aware of the fact that there are many more pictures of me that I don't look quite as amazing as I do in these pictures.

8/08/2005 2:53 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I agree, they are great pics. I totally love your hair.

It sounds like you had a good time! :-)

8/08/2005 8:56 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

i know. KT's hair is SO RIDICULOUSLY SHINY. she could totally be a hair model.

8/09/2005 8:41 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

a hair model! We'll just start calling her Miss Clairol from now on

8/09/2005 8:49 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Jes-

You're right... ridiculously shiney... lol.

Typical guy... I didn't even notice.

8/09/2005 11:15 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Hm... I always thought shiny was spelled "shiney." Loses 2 smart points.

8/09/2005 11:16 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Hey Skillz,

Hilarious... Ben and I are Settlers of Catan players as well... I think we have to move to Texas .... seriously... It's where you go to the circus and have game night all at one time! How cool is that!

8/09/2005 1:02 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Syd I can so picture you in our group pic for game night.

I will open my small one bedroom house to ya'll if you promise to move down. We can make it work, I swear. Just get down here.

8/09/2005 1:06 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

K-T, any angel pics today?

Sydney, I'm with Katie! We need to get y'all down here soon.

8/09/2005 2:21 PM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing, blondie.

8/09/2005 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home