Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Denouement

If you’re wondering about the title: Dénouement, in literature, means resolution of the conflict.

Yesterday seemed to be a hard day for many people (including me). The storm clouds had rolled in and the flood waters were rising.

Ben mentioned something that made me think of something someone once told me.

Children are so innocent and trusting. They delight in the smallest pieces of joy and never tire from repetition. A child will beg their father over and over again to continue throwing them up in the air.

Now think about God’s repetition. How He provided mana for the Israelites as they wandered in the wilderness each and every day. How each year the leaves change colors and float to the ground as fall begins. Then blossoms peak from beneath the chill in the spring. How a field can be filled with thousands or millions shafts of grass, or better yet daisies, each one the same and yet each special.

So back to the child. After each time his father tosses him in the air, these words tumble from his lips: “Do it again Daddy”.

We know that after every storm God brings the rainbow. Repetition we can hope in. Repetition we can know.

I ask:

“Do it again Daddy.”

10 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Wow, K-T. You continue to amaze me. I was all excited about the title, because I love the way the word sounds, and because I realized that you were doing better.

What a wonderful update. Thanks for sharing, K-T. I'll keep on praying.

8/10/2005 10:00 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

That is so true Katie....I know that I think repetition, is boring and sufficating.... but it is also security.... and when you keep your eyes focused on that God is in control it makes the mundane okay! Thanks for the thoughts, mommy hood is full of menial everyday repetitive junk. Dishes, meals, cleaning, laundry, but it is also needed and a comfort in a weird way!

8/10/2005 10:05 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Amen.

Katie... I just want you to know that I really appreciate your friendship...

Gotta love the fact that when God sends his Rainbow as a reminder of his faithfulness, that he sends you good friends at the same time.

8/10/2005 10:22 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

hi. you have used this title before. i only remember it because i didn't think it was actually a word, and then you said it was and i looked it up on dictionary.com, my favorite fact-checking and translating site.

also, you said it was the name of the band that saab used to have at the hangar.

and we all thought that i have a bad memory. HA! not true, i say!

8/10/2005 10:28 AM  
Blogger steve said...

...and what Jes really meant to say was:

"Katie Thank you so much for a thoughtful and well spoken post. Our friendship is a Godsend. Every word was fresh, every sentence like a new spring."

8/10/2005 12:02 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Steve - thanks for interpreting for Jes. I figured that was what she meant but her words just got mixed up.

8/10/2005 12:54 PM  
Blogger Curious Servant said...

Awesome.

Awe some!

8/10/2005 1:12 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

oh, sad. that is TOTALLY what i meant. steve, can you follow me around all day cleaning up my messes?

8/10/2005 1:33 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Im so good like that Jes

8/10/2005 3:39 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I'm starting to go through K-T withdrawal. 1:15pm and no post. This is not good. Where are you K-T?

8/11/2005 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home