Thursday, May 12, 2005

Schools out for summer

Well almost. Today was the last day of elementary school but we still have until next Wednesday for the secondary kids. But it still feels like the world is ending, the school world at least. I will miss the little faces, the hellos and hugs and the funny stories they tell and hilarious truths that come out of their mouths. Kids are brutally honest and usually funny when they are honest.

We had a long chapel and then went to the park and played and chatted. Kids = play, moms = chatting. Except all the moms got together and participated in a relay race. Well it wasn't really a race because noone could win but we did play hard.

We had a relay race type event with the foil ball left over from my great April Fool's joke. It was crazy because the ball weighed about 15 lbs. and was HUGE. It was hard for me to even hold it with my monkey type arms. But we had fun and the kids laughed at us most of the time.

Ah to be a kid again. In fact there are two main things I loved as a kid, recess and naps. So today I got to have my own recess and yesterday I took a nap. It's like I'm a kid again but a kid with a job, a car, bills, and stress. Ugh.

11 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

can you explain this phenomenon of your Monkey Arms? i'm thoroughly interested.

5/12/2005 2:53 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Monkey arms are defined as arms that are proportionally longer than the body. I also have flamingo legs (which are proportionally longer than the body). See my trunk area is not very long, i.e. I am short waisted, while my legs and arms are octopus like and go on for miles. This enables me to have a large stride, able to step up on high things, reach far back in holes, and carry large items that require a big wingspan.

5/12/2005 3:13 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

hmmm...i think that's post-worthy.

of course, with this description, i could make some money off of you selling a "picture" and story to the National Enquirer.

5/12/2005 3:26 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

You have a 15lb foil ball? That totally rocks.

5/12/2005 3:37 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Just think of all the cooking you could do with all that foil! Roast, Baked Potatoes, Meatloaf, hamburgers on the grill - man, the list would be endless! Especially if you tried to use all of that foil in ONE DAY FOR COOKING! It could be a Foil Festival of sorts, I am sure that Reynolds Wrap would come out and sponsor and event like that.

All that and I am not even hungry, imagine how long this comment would have been if I had written it BEFORE lunch!

5/13/2005 2:30 PM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Katie,
Are you off for the summer? Or do you still have administrative tasks? When I was working in schools, I loved summer. Now that I have kids, I dread it. Such is life.

5/13/2005 2:45 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Eddo - I'm not sure I would want to use the foil for cooking since it was used to wrap an entire office.

EM - I do work during the summer but part-time (in theory). It is nice to have the school quiet but by time August rolls around I am happy to have kids back in school.

5/13/2005 2:58 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Sydney is a "knuckle dragger" as well. As she has said many times... and these ARE her words:

"She's nothing but boobs and legs... no waist."

I guess it's more like boobs, legs and arms... but it sounds like you both suffer from the same disease.

lol.

5/13/2005 3:04 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

OH MY WORD, if I follow the logic of that last comment . . . . Is my mother reading this?

5/13/2005 3:09 PM  
Blogger cookie723 said...

So glad I finally came for a visit...saw your comment on Ben's site about not watching AI due to the conflict with Lost & Alias...was your comment on Eddo's recent post about Ben inspired by Kate on Lost??? It sounded like it...and God bless your Monkey Arms. Take care!

5/13/2005 3:16 PM  
Blogger cookie723 said...

PS - Yeah, I watch L & A, too - so hooked.

5/13/2005 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home