Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Drivin along in my automobile

I love driving. The control, the speed, the power. I also love driving alone on long country roads where the speed limit is up for debate. I love driving on the turnpikes in Oklahoma where the speed limit is 70 but you really go 80. I love driving in Arkansas and Missiouri where every hill and dip is like a rollercoaster. I just love driving.

I drive when I am happy, when I am upset, when I am mad, when I am sad. I also listen to music that fits my mood. Sometimes I drive and yell and scream and argue with myself. Other times I drive and laugh and sing and dance.

Last night was a laughing, dancing, singing night. I shouted out a few yee-haws as I replayed my Sweet Home Alabama CD and actually replayed "Sweet Home Alabama" by Jewel. It was a good night for driving.

8 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

I love to drive as well, especially late at night, with the windows down, on University in Denton, on Friday night - I pull up to red lights and I rev my engine, and then I peel off like it is really cool... and I blare my music and I feel like I am in high school again.

Man, I miss Denton.

5/04/2005 10:04 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Eddie - you would be the person that I use to yell out "LOSER" to in high school. Man I was a jerk to do that but we thought it was funny.

5/04/2005 10:11 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

i am not a driver. i mean i am a driver, because i drive, but not because i enjoy it. i do it because i have to.

this is why i should live somewhere that no one drives, and public transportation is popular. like NYC. or Boston. or somewhere besides Dallas.

in dallas, everything is so expansive that you HAVE to drive to get anywhere.

also, i am a bad driver. i really, really don't like driving.

from now on, you two can be my personal chauffers. :)

5/04/2005 11:31 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Um... how do you dance when you drive? Is this a tehkkksaassss thing... like the Yee-haw thing?

Glad you are feeling better.

Oh... I love driving too... but I don't dance when I drive... or yell yee-haw... but the music is loud... ask Syd.

5/04/2005 1:51 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

ben. you don't know how to dance while you drive? is this a girl thing?

i mean, you can't start doing the cabbage patch or anything, and if you were doing that anyways, i would pretend i didn't know you, but you can hop up and down and bop your head and move your hands and your torso.

try it. you'll like it. :)

5/04/2005 4:03 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Oh... you were "GROOOVING" Dancing is when you use your feet and what not...

I was thinking you were country line dancing or clog dancing or break dancing or something....

5/04/2005 4:24 PM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Okay, if you're gonna drive, you need to buy a car like my new one (still feelig righteous).

Jewel sings "Sweet Home Alabama"? Is that allowed?

5/04/2005 7:13 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

ben, dancing in the car is kind of like "night at the roxbury" (which is my favorite movie ever, please reference my profile page.)

you sling your head to the side, and OCCASIONALLY take both hands off the wheel to smack random surfaces in your car like they are drums. this is only okay OCCASIONALLY.

5/05/2005 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home