Friday, April 22, 2005

Life Lesson No. 219

If you walk into your house and smell something funky and you postulate that it is coming from the garbage can, trust your instincts.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT stick you head close to the can, lift the lid, and inhale the noxious fumes that waft from the rotting waste now deposited in a can that's sole purpose is to house such material.

Once again, if it smells bad assume everything and throw away whatever you think it may be. Act first, smell later.

4 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

that's a good bit of advice, KT. i'll try to keep that in mind next time i have an inkling to stick my head into my trash can. ;)

4/22/2005 2:21 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Why 219? Does this mean that you have 218 life lessons you can share with us?? Or were you trying to be funny?

;)

4/22/2005 3:34 PM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

I have my trash can rigged with a rope, hook and karabiner, so I can walk out onto our deck, pull the rope and drop the trash--while staying as far as possible from the actual trash can and its accompanying perfume (plus it's fun). I came up with this system when I was regularly disposing of poop-filled diapers. So, are you going to tell us what was that smell?

4/22/2005 4:10 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ricy - Yea I am honored

Ben - of course I have 218 more, but if I share them with all at once you will know everything i know and then what power will I have

Anne FG - sorry I shortened your name but I'm scared I will misspell it sometime - if they were poopie diapers than they would be mine and that would be too horrible to admit to the world. I am single and live alone so the smell I think was last week's dinner that had fermented and was a nice culture of penicillin (maybe I could culture it and open my own internet drug store – oh boy that comment will bring the feds to my site quickly).

4/22/2005 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home