Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I need a hero

Doo doo doo doooo
Doo doo doo doooo
Doo doo doo doooo
Aaahhh
Aaahhh

Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where’s the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds?
Isn’t there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need

I need a hero
I'm holding out for at hero 'till the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight

I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero 'till the morning light
He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life
Larger than life

Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond my reach
There’s someone reaching back for me
Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat
It’s gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'till the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight

I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero 'till the morning light
He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life

So you’re asking yourself why is Kpinion subjecting us to 80’s music lyrics. Well because I am holding out for a hero myself.

Ah to be young, to be single, to be a girl. Wait, are those all good things? I have previously mused about singlehood and the female before but not today. Today you get my mind’s eye of what my hero will be like.

Now I know that all you marrieds out there are saying, wait Katie you can’t just make a list or have this grand idea because you will end up disappointed. That’s not how it works you are saying.

Well let me tell you something, that is how it is going to work for me. I’m not putting a height requirement, or even a hair color preference. I am equal opportunity on many items but there is a general description that I want my hero to be. And others may not think of him this way or he may not even think of him this way but I will think of him as my hero and he will be the equivalent of my mind’s eye.

My hero is . . .

Smart, intelligent, educated, a life long learner. He doesn’t have to have a master’s degree or be the smartest man in the world but I want him to enjoy knowledge, to want to learn about this world out there and all the neat things in it. I want him to have a thirst for information, it can be on many subjects and they don’t have to be intellectual but he will know about things and want to learn about others.

Able, strong, capable of protecting me. I need a man who I feel secure with. He might be shorter than me, weigh less than me, but he will NOT be a sissy. I will have a man that makes me feel secure, that makes me feel small, that makes me feel like a woman instead of the capable she-man that I can be as a single gal living alone. He will open doors, lift heavy objects, and offer to do things that I am capable of but that he will want to do to show me he cares for me and wants to provide for me.

Honest, truthful, with integrity. My hero will be a man I look up to and desire to be like. I will have a husband that other men admire for his integrity and honesty. My family and friends will find him without major fault. They will trust him with my wellbeing. He will upright and honest in all his dealings and this will be the guide for our life together.

Loving, affectionate, romantic. He will desire me as his wife. He will look at me with attraction and love everyday we are together. He will not want to be separated from me for more than a few days and will count the hours until we are reunited. He will look upon me with the same affection when we are 80 that he does the day we marry.

A leader. I cannot follow a man who does not lead. I am too headstrong and will want to take charge if I do not have a man that knows his role as the husband and leads with love and mutual submission. He will be worthy of my submission and my respect.

A good father. He will love his children sacrificially. He will want to provide a family for them where they are safe and cared for and they are trained to be men and women of substance and faith.

Fun, humorous, easy to be with. My hero will have a sense of humor to rival mine. He will laugh at my silliness and want to make me laugh. He will find joy and humor in the craziness of life and will know when to leave behind seriousness for laughter.

He will have a hobby, craft, or skill. He will enjoy sharing this with me and teach me to love something he loves. He will be patient as I learn and he will delight in my interest in his life.


This is a short list and not in any particular order but I thought I would just put out there my vision of my hero and let ya’ll know I’m holding out for him.

12 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

i love this list. and i totally disagree with whatever married friends you have that said you CAN'T make a list.

i did! AND i got what i wanted, too!

i think that having a list helps you know what you're looking for. it'll help you recognize him when it is time.

from one list-maker to another, i tell you that more people need to make lists, KT.

5/10/2005 3:54 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Sorry Katie... I am already taken.

HA!

No but seriously, glad to see that there is no height requirement to get on this amusement park ride we call "KpInIoN."

I had a list like this as well. It keeps a person from settling. I don't believe that it causes one to have unrealistic expectations.

I am with jes... I like this list as well... It made me feel really good about myself because my thoughts went like this: "Hey, I'm like that! Me. Me. Yep... Leader, u-huh... Definately funny... have a craft... yep. It's official... I am cool.... boy that Sydney is one lucky gal."

Okay... I am done. lol.

5/10/2005 4:45 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

ben, that's SO weird. because as I was reading the list, i was thinking, "yep, smart. check. learning doesn't have to be about intellectual subjects, check. integrity, check. romantic, yep. humorous: well, i guess KT thinks I'm funny. that, or she gives me pity laughs. i'll go ahead and check that one too. hobbies? yep. GOSH! I COULD BE KATIE'S MATCH!"

but then, i'm a girl. AND i'm taken.

5/10/2005 4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought of sending your articles to a magazine for publishing? The motorcyler blog was hilarious. Try sending it in to Reader's Digest, Texas Monthly or whatever monthly. What have you got to lose?

5/11/2005 8:58 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

Anonymous. We want to know your identity.

REVEAL YOURSELF!

5/11/2005 10:12 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

This is a great list and you will find a man like this one day, you deserve him, however, can I make a teensy weensy suggestion - when Roger fiddles with the cookie dough, just let it go... act like you don't have a care in the world, guys like girls that can don't freak a beak over the small stuff. :) Hugs!

5/11/2005 10:59 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Eddie you so just called me out on the cookie dough. Do know that most of that is just the drama princess in me coming out and being difficult for the sake of difficult (snicker snicker).

On the other side of the issue though, some people with certain things that they are paticular about do appreciate when others respect those paticularities and allow the person to be paticular in that one area. (Now that was diplomacy).

The real thing is compromise though. I like compromise. I like reaching a point where all those involved are comfortable with the final outcome and noone feels like they got screwed. I like peace and understanding and agreement.

Funny that i wrote that when I seem to like to discuss (code word for argue) different issues so much.

5/11/2005 11:04 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ben - yes you are taken and I am one never to take from someone what they already have, no taken men allowed to be my hero, that is a hero default

Jes - ha ha maybe one of the great things is that in all the hero-requirements comes a great friendship (as you are a great friend) so my friends may often reflect my hero-requirements, therefore my hero will also be my best friend

5/11/2005 11:06 AM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

I'll forgive you for the 80s lyrics (actually, this is a standard at our house because it's on the Shrek 2 CD).

And you can't have Enviro-spouse, although he fits all of your criteria.

Great list, Katie. Don't settle. You will find your hero.

5/11/2005 11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am but one of many anonymous bloggers. Maybe I should be known as anonymous#1, but then again I would no longer be anonymous.

5/12/2005 2:06 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I think one of the anonymi (plural of anonymous of course) is a relative and I have some guesses but unless they reveal thier identity I can only surmise. I like anonymi because it makes me feel like people from all over the world are popping in here at kpinion to see what I have to say.

5/12/2005 2:16 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

You're going to be waiting for a long time girly. I already got that guy you're lookin for. :o)

Oh, and I freakin LOVE that song.

5/12/2005 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home