Tuesday, May 17, 2005

If I only had a brain

Caution, caution

The user is experiencing extreme overload.

Caution, caution

Tuesday, May 24 is my Everest. If I can make it to that day and through that night then the rest of the summer is a CAKE WALK.

Eddie is in Hawaii land of the islands and coconuts and I am in paperwork h.e.double hockey sticks (I can say the word but i enjoy the humor of saying it the safe way) and there are no coconuts, no leis, no pigs buried in the sand. All that's out there is a mound of data entry, decisions that make my brain hurt, and graduation on the horizon.

Maybe I should stick a little umbrella in my Diet DP and close my eyes and pretend that the draft coming from my office-mates fan is a cool breeze blowing off the surf.

Nope, didn't work I can still hear the phone, the humm of the computer and I swear the paperwork is whispering my name, "Katie, Kaaatttiiieee, Katie we can see you, we know you are there, we know you can hear us, KATIE".


Mental picture courtesy of Just say Jes:

ddp

12 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

an umbrella in your DP? that's the best i've heard yet...

next time we get together, i'm SO bringing little umbrellas.

5/17/2005 4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://photos14.flickr.com/14393546_846efdba98_o.jpg

5/17/2005 5:02 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

kt, follow that link. i created something special for you. :)

5/17/2005 5:03 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I love this post. You So rock... The breeze you feel is your own coolness. ;)

5/17/2005 10:11 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Jes whatever it takes get that DDP with the umbrella to me stat.

5/18/2005 8:44 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks Ben this was in my mind a compelled post as I fear the wrath of my fellow BP members if I don't post something. Compelled posts are worst than pitty wins in my mind so I tried to spice it up with some dramatic humor. Glad to hear that it worked enough to garner some praise.

5/18/2005 8:45 AM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Go, Katie, go. You can do it! Sending thoughts of strawberry daiquiris with big pink umbrellas for your delectation on the 24th.

I got a call from an independent school the other day recruiting me for the position of Alumni/Annual Fund Director. I said "no" so fast that I left the guy's head spinning. I told him to look for someone younger and less experienced who doesn't understand how much work and time the job actually entails! As long as I get the occasional job offer, I feel validated and over the need to actually work (having a working spouse helps, of course).

All this by way of saying that I feel your pain (or at least remember it)!

5/18/2005 10:37 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks Edgy Mama - Ahh when people tell me that they wish they worked at a school instead of having a "real" job I just laugh. Because of course my job is only make believe and one day, maybe if I'm really good, I get a real job like all the other people out there. Oh if they only knew (manic laughter in background as Katie's head shakes violently from side to side and her hair whips in the wind)

5/18/2005 10:48 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

Feel free to dump some liquid courage in that DP. That'll help ya through the day. Oh, wait a sec, you work with kids don't you? Scratch that idea. Give the hooch to the kids. That'll certainly make for a mellow day right? :o)

5/18/2005 3:35 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I am still just a "Login and Publish" away...

Just got back from Pearl Harbor and we are about to go to the beach!

Miss you!

5/19/2005 7:24 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

uh oh. KT! i thought they liked your blog!

5/24/2005 10:27 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

wait. that comment wasn't supposed to go there.

5/24/2005 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home