Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Weekend Update

Warning: The following post was created in haste and therefore lacks the comic genius that normally struts itself on this page. This is really a post on demand and is not up to snuff with the normal vein of what you will find here at kpinion. My promise from Monday still holds true and you may expect your normal fits of laughter, contemplation, or pure hysterics in upcoming posts. The following lines are to quell the demand for a new post only.


I know I know you are thinking it’s Wednesday and Kpinion is trying to tell me about her weekend, we’re already looking to the coming weekend why would we want to hear about last weekend.

Oh but you do.

Friday – Girls Night
So there is a group of old friends (old as in we’ve been friends for years, not old as in we are in need of dentures and depends) who regularly (at least we try) get together to eat and chat. This time we had a newbie but a goody (Blah Blah Blah Bianca) who brought he own flavor to the group. So the gals rendezvous at Humperdinks (home of the tallest bar in this town at least). First off let me just state that our waitress was well different, special, weird. Yep all of those words apply. At first I thought she was going to be sarcastic and fun, you know rip on us a bit but engage in fun banter of a showdown of words but that hope was soon dashed, she was just WEIRD. Also we had almost four different people waiting on us, with managers popping in every now and then.

So now we want dessert and we get the idea to venture down to the Melting Pot for some fondue (we are a snooty fondue crowd you see). Now this is where the craziness begins. We’ve all worked out our seriousness and have reached the silliness stage that always defines these nights.

Here is a rundown of the events:

Duel Burnings – Jes of Just Say Jes burned herself and knocked over a water glass to which I reacted with my ca-like reflexes and threw my skewer in the air. Nicole then decided to pick up my skewer as if she was going to attack the evil hot pot that had inflicted the burn. Then of course I burned myself reaching for a mint, the dangers one faces when trying to freshen your breath is amazing.

The anti-prom group – We noticed that there was a group of high school students that had t-shirts stating that they were having their own anti-prom. Let me just state that five crazy college graduates were more obnoxious and rowdy than 16 high school seniors.

The crutch – Heather had a bum knee (she gets in too many bar fights as it is but come on people a messed up knee, she just doesn’t know how to fight). So Bianca jumps up to show everyone the Napoleon Dynamite dance and knocks the crutch into another group of fondue snots.

Wahoo – Nicole was excited about something and gave a big Wahoo to which none of us responded so she did it again after prodding us to participate so Bianca and I gave a BIG Wahoo which of course was heard by the three other parties in our fondue snob room and Nicole regretted asking for our participation

I’m the one liquored up – Heather who at this point had consumed a Shiner Bach and half a glass of wine (wow what a lush she is) thought she should point out that with all the craziness going on around her that she was in fact the sane one though she was the most liquored up (Oh heather don’t you know that we don’t need liquor to act crazy it is our natural inclination)

The Condi and Katie Show – Somehow Jes decided to remind me that I am the white, blond Condoleezza Rice (btw – her name is in spell check, people that is when you have made it when your name is added to the spell check list) so I decided to take my skewers (I like skewers) and do a little puppet dance while singing “The Condi and Katie Show”. I think it would be a hit, are you listening network TV. Get in touch with my people and we’ll talk.



Saturday Night:

This weekend was a two-parter for entertainment. To set the stage, Jes, her husband Roger, Eddo of Posted Note, and I get together to eat and play a game called Settlers (like risk but harder) and of course, party crasher extraordinaire Bianca came too. So we ate great food (OH MY WORD WAS IT GOOD) and then we began to play.

Here is a rundown of the events:

Prince – For some reason we began talking about Prince. Oh I know the reason it is because we were talking about Michael Jackson and then about the sound of doves crying (which Jes and Bianca imitated and it was not a pretty sound people). So I say that I saw the movie Purple Rain and it was really weird. Then Jes pipes up that her mom took her to see that and she didn’t like it but she thought it was the story of Oprah’s life. After a few beats we all realized she was speaking of The Color Purple instead of Purple Rain. Classic hilarity ensued.

Cookie poop – Ok let’s start this one off with the fact that I make exceptional cookies. Really they are little drops of heaven on a plate. It is part ingredients and part technique. I am very particular about the technique and therefore the distribution of the cookie within the proper timing of the technique. But Roger didn’t know my particularities and he decided to jump in somewhere in the middle of the whole cookie process and steal a cookie. I, of course, reprimanded him severely for interrupting the process and accused him of leaving cookie poop on the counter when he removed the cookie from the baking sheet before it had settled and tried to place it on the cooling rack where it sloughed off some cookie flesh. P.S. Roger if you are reading please note that I harbor no ill will toward your cookie frenzy.

Settlers – Let me just say that this game is addicting. ADDICTING. It is so addicting because I am so competitive. And along with that competitive nature comes a lack of patience which is a REQUIREMENT in this game. I will have three strategies thought up when someone else if playing and I am just waiting to exact my strategy and take over the settler’s world. I also get a little FRUSTRATED when I am screwed while playing. But the game was fun because I won and this wasn’t a pity win it was a come from behind super duper win where I ruled the settler’s world.



Ok so did I forget anything people who were there?

12 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

We're SO moving to Tehhhhksaassss.

Oh, to hang out with you very, very cool people. I have cool friends up here as well... but it's not the same.

*sigh*

4/20/2005 2:19 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ha Ha I saw that you double commented

4/20/2005 2:25 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

HUH??

I swear I didn't double comment... I didn't remove anything...

So tell me K.T.: Why is it not still double posted?

4/20/2005 2:43 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

HUH??

I swear I didn't double comment... I didn't remove anything...

So tell me K.T.: Why is it not still double posted?

4/20/2005 2:44 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

ben,

i'm not sure if that recent comment was purposeful.

other readers:

i would like to clarify something: The Condie and Katie Show (even saying those words, I hear Katie's voice singing it) is to the tune of "The Itchy and Scratchy Show" from The Simpsons. You must know how annoying this is. Plus, as she sings it, Katie cannot help but move her fingers (or skewers) in the same motion one might use to sing the little rabbit hopping by song, wherein the hunter gets his gun to shoot the rabbit. does anyone know what i'm talking about?

PS, Katie, Roger won't read this. Trust me. He has to be disciplined just to read mine. And, he harbors no bad feelings about the cookie droppings either.

I'm sure your conscience is relieved.

4/20/2005 3:28 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Jes-

Who Me?

4/20/2005 3:54 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Jes-

Who Me?

4/20/2005 3:54 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

AAAUUUUGGGGHHH stop double commenting. I keep getting double emails everytime Ben leaves a comment

4/20/2005 3:57 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

It's there the double commment is there people see see see

4/20/2005 3:57 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I would never do this on purpose...

*Evil Grin*

4/20/2005 4:01 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I would never do this on purpose...

*Evil Grin*

4/20/2005 4:01 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

;)

4/20/2005 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home