Friday, April 08, 2005

I'm still here

It's amazing how demanding the blog-culture is. My sister commented that I hadn't posted yesterday, Ben got on to me at Jes's site for not posting. Don't worry blogmunity I'm still here, I've just been busy.

Random thought for the day:

Do they make drivers of huge trucks that carry very large equipment take tests of any sort? And if so what type of agility tests do they have to take? Why am I asking this you may be thinking. Well since I live in the "country" I have to drive down roads that are narrow and barely paved. These roads are also "country roads" so they often lead into farm and ranching land before they get to the major roads or highways. I was on my way to work this morning and driving down my dead end street to get to the one road I have to get off my street and there was of all things a semi-truck hauling the most massive piece of scaffolding I had ever seen. It was for drilling. Well this semi-truck had not quite made the sharp turn from the paved (and I use that term loosely) road to the gravel road and had gone into the ditch. This would not have been a proplem if it had not blocked my preferred route of escape. It was actually blocking two roads at once.

The funny thing is that this is the second or third time this has happend with semis on my "country neighborhood" road. I want to put up a sign that states the agility level of the driver needed to manuever that turn. Luckily there was an alternative route that too me through farm land, horse farms and a creek so I made it to work. But if it was raining the creek would flood and I would be stuck at home because of a semi-driven and his lack or turning radius. Does that sound like a plausible excuse to you???????

7 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

sounds good to me. too bad you know about the other path to work. ;)

4/08/2005 1:59 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

AHHHHH.... I can stop shaking now... Katie you are my "Crack" fix when it comes to daily blogs...

;)

4/08/2005 2:03 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Oh... and if I was your boss and you told me that you couldn't get to work because of a semi-driver and his lack of turning radius... as long as you said it in a really, really funny way... then I wouldn't fire you. lol.

4/08/2005 2:07 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Just remeber Ben that the first few times are free then I get you hooked and you have to pay for the posts. Then you will spend all your money on blogs, loose your job, your family, your life, and all you'll have is a laptop and a wireless modem and you'll be sitting in a starbucks takind advantage of the free wifi adn cursing my name for feeding your addiction

P.S. I realize there are tons of misspelled words but it's friday and I'm lazy so just deal with it. (katie retains smart card based on stubborness)

4/08/2005 2:11 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Ben gets the smartcard for noticing but not saying anything...

*You can give the smart card up every now and again... * (I will give it back sometime.... maybe.) ;)

4/08/2005 2:20 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

KT it sounds like a good excuse to me...

I think I want to add a wallpaper to your site, colored circles that coordinate with the current colors...

what do you think?

4/08/2005 3:40 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Go for it Eddo - maybe hollow circles so it's not so overpowering? I'm up for anything.

As far as the excuse I bet you couldn't use it.

4/08/2005 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home