Monday, April 11, 2005

Yes I am a nerd

This is my sad excuse for a post today. I apologize to all my readers who wait anxiously for tidbits of humor or deep thoughts but all you get today is this.

I was at a math meeting for most of the day. Math Meeting the crowd exclaims in disbelief. Yes I am an admitted nerd and I work at a school and I like math and I took Calculus in high school and college and made A's (well in college A's in high school B's but I was more mature in college so there). I spent the day talking with department heads at another school on thier math curriculum, scope and sequence. We had Chick fil A for lunch (that is for all the people who are falling asleep hearing about math). We then spent an hour talking "math" when we got back to the school.

Katie holds a lifetime membership in the nerd club and therefore holds all the nerd cards. Don't even try to be as nerdy as me.

Tomorrow I expect my humorous self to return or I may go with deep Katie and give a kpinion on a subject of deep thought. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

7 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

You can keep the nerd cards in SOC Katie. Every.Single.One. lol.

Not to offend... because the US needs kids who can do math... but I really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really.... really

hate math.

Can you teach my kids when it comes time...? (No, not addition and subtraction or even long division...) I got that covered. But Algebra, Trig, Geometry, and Calc.? Please?

4/11/2005 4:12 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Did I mention.... really

hate math?

4/11/2005 4:14 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

i don't like math either.

i have to use it sometimes for my job. but that's only adding and subtracting, and the occasional multiplying. nothing my computer calculator can't handle.

kt, why didn't i discover this before now? like, when i was in freshman algebra as a SENIOR and failing?

4/11/2005 4:27 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Well. . . . . while I like math and have some freakish ability level to understand and be competent in it (at somewhat higher levels even) I am a HORRIBLE teacher of it. It takes a special person with a true gift to be ablt to impart the knowledge of math to another and I do not hold that gift. So sorry Ben I can handle basic math and maybe just maybe a little bit of Algebra and Jessica unless they could have mistaken me for you and I would just take your tests for you, both of you are out of luck

4/11/2005 4:50 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

*Snap*

4/11/2005 4:56 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Hello Kpinion. I have the utmost respect for you being able to be in a math meeting for most of the day, because that would be the JCol version of Hades. My high school Algebra teacher was from China and her English had "grounds for improvement". I found myself in "Algae-BRAH" (with angry shout) class instead of Algebra. Needless to say, my math skills took a serious downhill turn for the worst from that day forward. My poor parents paid $4000 a year in tuition for this?!?!!

4/11/2005 5:43 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I found it. April 11th. My first official comment on your site. You probably wondered what I was doing deep in your archives. I couldn't remember if it was March or April that I started reading.

April 11th it is!

bxytdzw

9/16/2005 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home