Wednesday, April 06, 2005

No more products

How? Why? Uuuuuuuggggghhhhhhhhh. It seems that my hot pink can of hair product was grossly mislabeled. I purchased (for a steep price I may add) a BedHead product that was supposed to make my hair shine like the crown jewels with just a light spray on dry hair.

What I really had was CheezWhiz mislabeled as a hair product. After a light dusting (ok maybe a little more than light, I wanted to ensure proper coverage) I was excited that my glistening blonde locks shined like the girls in Pantene commercials. I even gave a little head swing and hair flip to admire the lustrous locks that now covered my head. I just knew that many a person would suffer a case of whiplash as they took in my shiny golden locks.

What I ended up with is a head full of greasy cheesy nasty blondish brown roots. It looked like someone took a vat of animal fat or oil and lathered up my roots. My hair began to form its own dreadlocks because of the grease content.

Now riddle me this, riddle me that, why after using a hair product do I now need a ten-gallon hat?

So if anyone is in need of a hair cheese product I have a slightly used can that I am willing to pass on. Or if you need to grease some gears in your car, or have a squeaky door, or want to eliminate friction on your floors, give me a call and the “Shine” product is all yours.

13 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

you should try Frizz Ease 100% Shine. It's wonderful.

Nothing like Cheese Whiz.

4/06/2005 11:22 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

see the problem is not that I have frizz (only an occasional fly-away) and as I have blonde hair I have found out I am prone to the visual of greasiness (whether it is true greasiness or not). Dark hair people don't have this problem I have discovered, nor do they have the problem of the ponytail bubble (when you have that one grouping of hair that does not want to get in line and lay flat - dark hair can disguise this)

4/06/2005 11:29 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

don't you HATE that!? and salon products are so much more expensive than wal-mart stuff. some salon hair smoother i got is like canola oil.

i agree with jes about the frizz ease. but just put it on the ends so you don't look like a grease monkey.

4/06/2005 12:13 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

no, no. this product is DIFFERENT. it's in an aerosol, but is disguised as a pump. so it sprays like an aerosol, but only in short bursts. and, it is for making your hair SHINY.

i totally disagree about blonde vs. brown hair. in my opinion, my blonde friends can disguise greasiness SO MUCH EASIER than my dark haired friends. like, i have to wash my hair EVERY DAY to ward the grease away.

4/06/2005 12:53 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

The problem is I want all over shine like the girls in magazines and commercials so a product for the ends would not work well for me.

Also I am speaking of dark hair persons being able to disguise their greasiness better than blondes (with fine hair also - a grease trap give away), not the actuall production of grease by brunettes compared to blondes.

4/06/2005 1:02 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

i'll just agree to disagree with you. i think that brunettes show grease HORRIBLY. in fact, i've never even noticed a blonde showing grease.

on our girls night out, will you come without having washed your hair for a couple days, so that i can make an informed night for myself? ;)

4/06/2005 2:11 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

SICK

I only wash my hair every other day because I have naturally dry/normal grease production hair. That is the horrible thing about this spray is that it took me from normal/natural softness to grease monkey fur.

4/06/2005 2:18 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I happen to think grease monkey fur is hot... and now I am in the mood for some cheese whiz and some ritz.

4/06/2005 2:56 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I have a new lawn mower I could use your product to lube the gears... lol.

4/06/2005 4:43 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Hilarious posts.... love it! The fly away hairs are so annoying... Katie...just become a mother.... the toliet doesn't care if you have a runaway strand or 2! J/k

Anyways... I finally found a product that works for me and I am sticking to it... It's Garnier Fructis Style.. with Friut Micro-waxes.... Smoothing Milk.... For instant Smoothing and Frizz Control. Works great for me and available at Wally World.

Syd

4/07/2005 9:13 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

STOP THE PRESSES. The Amazing Sydney (I might call you that from now on) has visited my site. I am elated, ELATED, to have a visitor of such distinction, such mystery, such coolness. I am even more honored because I know this whole blog thing is something you are just starting to take off on. Look out blog world a new queen is in town and her name is Sydney. Welcome her with open arms because I am SUPER EXCITED that she visited my site.

P.S. I realize I have a tendency to be over extravagant or dramatic but please know that I did have a jump of joy when I saw you name on the comment. Sydney came to my site, Sydney came to my site. Now I'm just bragging.

4/07/2005 9:19 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Katie-

I see how I rate! No jumping for joy when I come to visit.

(I'm Hurt.) ;)

4/07/2005 10:04 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Katie! You're ALIVE! lol.

4/08/2005 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home