Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Bad weekend for driving

These are various incidents that occurred this weekend involving vehicles:

1. Some crazy lady decided she didn't want to wait at the red light anymore and turned right in front of me as I was turning from under an underpass. I honked and screamed and realized that my Japanese made horn sounds a lot more manly with the acoustics of an underpass. She was a very impatient stupid college student and it was the middle of the day.

2. While trying to park at the grocery store I politely stopped and waited for the cart guy to push a long line of carts down the aisle back to the store. Unfortunately the person pulling out directly to my right neglected to LOOK behind them and see if there might be a car directly behind their back bumper. He was lined up in the middle of my car people, with one bumper corner lined up with my passenger front door and the other bumper corner lined up with my passenger back door. I proceeded to scream at him and then realized he couldn't hear me through my car and then his car so I again honked. He gave me a dirty look like it was my fault that he was backing into me without looking or the fact that I had stopped to give the right of way to people walking (and by the way I had the right of way on the parking aisle anyway so humph).

3. After shopping on this particular day I was returning my cart to the nice little cart housing unit/stall and I saw movement of a white car out of my peripheral vision. In that moment I had both a heart attack and a surge of adrenaline. See I perceived that it was my white car that was rolling forward and I literally jumped off the ground ready to spring into action. What action I thought I could accomplish to prevent my car from rolling through the parking lot and smashing everything in its way (small children and elderly alike) was beyond my mind at the time I only knew I needed to act. I guess I figured I would grab the back bumper and using my surprising man-like strength I would be able to halt this two ton vehicle with just the strength of my forearms and quads. Luckily I quickly realized that it was in fact not my car but one that looked deceptively like mine and in fact had a driver at the wheel.

4 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

thank goodness for the driver at the wheel. :)

katie, speaking of honking under the underpass and appreciating the manliness of your horn, did you know that when you go through a tunnel you are also supposed to honk your horn?

i don't know why, but my parents always did it when i was a kid. now it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for me to go through a tunnel without honking.

4/05/2005 11:06 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I think your parents lied to you about the horn honking tunnel thing. Maybe it if was a one-way tunnel. I think you made me honk in a tunnel one time as we were coming back from kamp and got lost.

4/05/2005 12:05 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

you bet your wild snappers i made you honk! AND i explained to you why. i like to explain to people why:

"BECAUSE, ISN'T IT FUN?!?"

4/05/2005 1:46 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I thought you were only supposed to honk if you loved Beyonka... lol.

4/05/2005 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home