Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Remind me when I'm a parent . . . .

One of the great benefits of working at a school is this wonderful things called Staff Appreciation. This event is really just an opportunity for our staff to stuff our faces with amazing food that our wonderful parents provide. I love these days, one becasue of the food, and second the moms go out of their way to make our teacher workroom/lunchroom beautiful and thematic. These moms are amazing and they bring their home decorations to turn our lackluster workroom into a celebration of food. The theme today was love (for valentine's day). There was red, white, and pink decorations everywhere from blinking red heart lights to candles, blocks spelling out I (heart) valentines, table cloths, napkins, lamps, and a big heart hanging from the ceiling. It was amazing. Then the food - sandwhiches, soups, chips, veggies, fruit, etc. etc. etc. and then dessert - OH MY WORD the dessert. Tiramisu cake (yummy it is addictive) regular cake, chocolates, pretzels dipped in chocolate, and then party gifts of cute mason jars with chocolate. It was amazing. And the best part is that they do it all over again tomorrow for the elementary teachers and since I work full time I get it all again tomorrow.

So remind me when I'm a mom to treat my children's teachers well because I know how much this means to them.

2 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

don't send your kids to public schools, then. it's NOT ALLOWED. something about "only healthy food" and rising concerns of diabetes. well, i mean it's not allowed in the dallas area for kids to have parties.

but the teachers? that's allowed. i think it should be, anyhow. and when you have kids, let me know. i'll start working for a school, if only to eat the grub. ;)

heehee!

2/09/2005 4:18 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

That is very sweet, Katie. Teachers do deserve accolades once in a while, even if we have to rig it for ourselves!

2/10/2005 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home