Friday, February 11, 2005

The prayer bandit strikes again

Ok ok God is going to punish me for this one day very soon. I do feel some guilt and remorse for doing these things while other people are praying. At least this time I wasn't involved in the prayer when I struck.

We had a teacher luncheon yesterday. Lasagna, garlic bread, spinach salad, cheesecake, chocolate covered strawberries. Sorry that was me wiping the slobber that is now trailing down my chin. So we all got our plates from the buffet and sat down. Many of us had already started eating as others joined us at the table.

I took a bite of a regular piece of sourdough bread and it was ok then I took a bite of my garlicky scrumptious bread and knew that the sd bread just wouldn't do. Instead of wasting the bread because of all the starving children everywhere that would somehow end up with my bitten piece of bread I decided to donate it to a neighboring teacher as he thanked God for his food.

So in plain sight of at least four other teachers I reached across and perched it on his salad, bite missing and all. I then went about my conversations waiting for his exclamation of providence and blessing that he had received a piece of bread, albeit already sampled, while in prayer.

It took him a while to notice this little piece of bread-blessing but when he did he so kindly asked his friend (a new teacher no less) if he had placed it there. I quickly turned my head and entered into a conversation so that I would not give myself away. He proceeded to question the others sitting next to him (I was a good person away and did have to stretch to deposit my gift on his plate). There was group giggling as everyone knew the culprit but they were being accused at I was not.

This teacher (and a good sport) then shrugged and bit off the part I had bitten off. The teacher in between us then exclaimed in horror and pointed out I was the culprit. I got ratted out but it was funny and he being such a good sport, shrugged again and swallowed.

So beware to all of you out there. If we're in a group it is best to suggest I pray or you may find a little surprise when you rise from blessing the food. A Katie blessing of your own food no doubt.

3 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

whatever, KATIE. even if YOU pray, you'll still be the culprit. because you'll do that horrid thing that no one is allowed to do, and you'll PRAY WITH YOUR EYES OPEN (i'm praying for your sanctification right now, at the mere thought of nasty deed) while moving random pieces of food to other people's plates.

next time we get together, we'll all have to pray with our eyes open. and then continue to pray as we ask forgiveness for such an unrighteous act.

;)

2/11/2005 11:36 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Can I say it brought me much joy that one of my sisters said you read the post about putting food on your plate and almost wet her pants from laughing. That is my goal in life to cause people to have wet pants.

2/11/2005 12:18 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I meant she read the comment and almost wet her pants

2/11/2005 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home