Thursday, January 13, 2005

Why do I do these things? Why am I driven to follow Jessica blindly down the road of horrible chain letters? Why? Why? Why? Oh well why ask why, here I go blindly following her lead.

Enjoy a little bit about me:

3 names you go by:
1) Katie
2) KT
3) Kathryn
4) Miss Smith if you’re nasty (I couldn’t hold back on this Janet Jackson tie in)

3 screen names you have:
1. Katie_rae7
2. ksmith
3. krae

3 things you like about yourself:
1. my unending quest for knowledge
2. my weird sense of humor
3. my ability to overcome
4. my super powers, which if the world found out about I would become a lab experiment, so don't tell anyone, ok

3 things you hate/dislike about yourself:
1. my need to always be right
2. my lack of desire to be “athletic”
3. the contrast between my organized mind and unorganized desk/house/car

3 things that scare you:
1. absolute loneliness
2. the craziness that my mind can create after watching a scary or disturbing movie
3. snakes, all kinds, all sizes, even behind glass (I DON’T DO SNAKES)

3 of your everyday essentials:
1. Burt’s Bees lip gloss
2. hand lotion
3. watch (auggh I’ve actually turned around and driven back home for it when I’ve forgotten it, turned around 10 minutes into my trip, that’s a 20 minute detour for a watch.

3 things you're wearing right now:
1. panty hose (I’m at work)
2. skirt (I’m at work)
3. watch (see above on essentials)

3 of your favourite bands/artists:
1. Shane and Shane (never a bad time for the Shanes)
2. Train
3. Bon Jovi
P.S. I like the European way of spelling favorite, very worldly

3 of your favourite songs at present:
1. I never know song titles unless I’ve purchased a CD
2. I just know the songs that I like when I hear them on the radio
3. I have nothing to say but could not leave this spot blank
P.S. again with the european favorite

3 new things you want to try in the next 12 months:
1. running a 5k
2. grad school
3. a change of scenery

3 things you want in a relationship (love is a given):
1. respect (me for him specifically, but him for me is also needed)
2. a leader
3. humor

2 truths and a lie:
1. i have been in a yellow school bus that overturned and taken to the hospital in an ambulance
2. I’ve been this close (hold arms apart, hey that is closer than you’ve probably been) to JFK Jr.
3. I wore Forrest Gump braces on my legs when I was little
(now, can you tell me which one is the lie?)

3 physical things about a love interest that appeal:
1. intelligence
2. humor
3. he's taller than me when i'm wearing heels
4. eyes that hide something deeper

3 things you just can't do:
1. eat the following:
a) Cornnuts (can’t smell them either – gross, vomit enducing)
b) Mashed potatoes with any type of meat product in it, e.g. ham chunks
c) Soggy bread – nope, noway, not happening
2. water ski – I can snow ski but the water is my enemy
3. shut up sometimes when I disagree with someone (I’m working on this though)

3 of your favorite hobbies:
1. reading
2. blogging
3. dreaming

3 things you want to do really badly right now:
1. get out of my upcoming meeting
2. move to D.C.
3. put on pants, my legs are cold in this skirt

3 careers you're considering:
1. political consultant/lobbyist
2. lawyer
3. white house employee

3 places you want to go on vacation:
1. Ireland
2. Scotland
3. New Zealand

3 kids names (either boy or girl):
1. Andrew (boy)
2. Kyler (girl – sounds like tyler)
3. Abigail (girl)

3 things you want to do before you die:
1. visit the above listed places
2. work in the White House
3. have children

1 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

Katie! I LOVE THIS POST. LOVE IT. i am not sure that i knew all these things about you! like the careers you're considering. you'd make a GREAT lawyer. and that's the most general first step to becoming either a lobbyist OR someone who works in the white house, etc. AND, i didn't know that RIGHT NOW you would move to DC. if you did, i'd visit you!

have you ever thought about taking the LSAT? just for fun? it's just like the SAT, except harder. i don't think they ask questions specific to the Law. you should take it, or a sample test. they have them online, you know. just see how you score. i know someone who got accepted to SMU Deadman school of law on a 15k/yr scholarship. and believe me, he was STUPID. mel knows who i'm talking about. they ought to give you a FULL RIDE.

besides that, if you took it out in loans, you could pay it off in a year with what you'd make as an attorney. ;)

i'm rooting for ya!
(PS - that change of scenery thing, and that lawyer thing, and that thing i've talked about with you moving to dallas - they're all conveniently rolled into one with my above comment.) :)

1/13/2005 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home