Friday, November 09, 2007

Two things

1. I added a link to Deals's blog (or should it be Deals' blog? - English majors help a sister out) as a special gift to my sisters. There you go Kristen and Kelli, happy birthday!

2. I got so show off my random assortment of almost useless knowledge today. In discussing the Writer's Guild Association strike and the effect that has on my mild obsession with a few TV shows (mostly The Office and Lost), I made a comment about the writers striking by marching around in pointed shoes and striped socks and then proceeded to sing the little ditty from The Wizard of Oz - "We represent the lollipop guild, the lollipop guild, the lollipop guild, and in the name of the lollipop guild, we wish to welcome you to munchkin land".

As my co-workers looked at me with those familiar quizzical faces of amusement, confusion, and a slice of fear I went on to explain that the writers were in a guild and those munchkins were in a guild. It was at that moment that both of them got the look of utter amazement and understanding and said they never understood what a guild was or what the munchkins were singing about.

TADAAAA, once again my random assortment of knowledge has brought much needed enlightenment to others. It is at these moments in life that I feel a small blossoming of pride that I have not only made someone's day brighter but have imparted to them the wisdom that has been entrusted to me.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, you're so random.

(And it's Deals'.)

11/10/2007 9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Three days in a row of posting. Gald to have you back!

11/10/2007 9:03 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

You crack me up! I wish I worked with you... my days would be so much better getting to experience more of what goes on in your spontaneous head!

11/11/2007 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...gald, I believe the word I meant to use was glad!

11/11/2007 10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I feel so privileged to know that my daughter is learning under your tutelage each week.

11/12/2007 12:32 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

your brilliance is only surpassed by your generosity in sharing it with others!

11/12/2007 12:52 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

because i noticed you love dr pepper (as do i), i recommend a trip to waco to the dr pepper museum. and a stop by the soda fountain for a dr pepper shake. absolute heaven!

11/12/2007 2:44 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh Katie, I must take this moment to admit I have been to Waco and have taken the tour and also partaken (uhhh proper pasted tense) of the soda shop. Now I must recommend to you to drive on out to Dublin and visit their plant where Dublin Dr Pepper is bottled. What I call heaven in a bottle with it's pure cane sugar. When you go eat at the soda shop and get a frosty pepper (the best dessert on earth).

Sigh, I'm weird.

11/12/2007 2:47 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

testing, testing, is this thing on?

11/14/2007 9:57 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Okay, my last comment about Pushing Daisies errored out and so let me try to recreate my initial comment genius...

Pushing Daisies is my new favorite show and while I can't wait for LOST, I am a little miffed at them for only giving us 8 episodes and making us wait until January before they start. Hrmpf!

Also, I think that your craziness is definitely brilliant most of the time, but I do know what your coworkers were experiencing when you said slice of fear and in my mind I replaced the word fear with Terror. But in a humorous way! :)

11/14/2007 9:59 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

OHMYGOSH! I'm FINALLY linked to you! YEY! I'm thrilled! This is the best(est) news EVER.

THANK YOU!

11/14/2007 4:28 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

AND I'M A BIRTHDAY PRESENT! Wee!

11/14/2007 4:29 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I don't like the Wizard of Oz, and therefore have blocked said song out of my head. No offense, of course.

But good for you for enlightening others! And for linking to Deals' blog. She deserves it.

Happy Thanksgiving K-T!

11/19/2007 7:44 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

See, I knew you were cool ... The Office and LOST, together with Friday Night Lights, are the best things going on TV. Or, they were. Before the strike.

11/21/2007 6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, I am amazed someone born and raised in the United States would not recognize the munchkin song. Second, these same individuals must be intellectually-challenged, i.e. retarded, if they didn't know what a guild was. Do you work at a "special" church?

11/28/2007 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home