Friday, October 12, 2007

Another year, another number . . . .

Except this number changes to a whole new decade. Ah the dreaded 30, it has finally arrived.

I thought I might wake this morning with some newfound wisdom, or at least a few wrinkles to signify the beginning of wisdom. I guess the gray hairs can be lost in the blonde so I have that going for me. Also, am I supposed to feel older? wiser? more "together"?

You would think that some great fanfare would accompany this transition to a whole new number. But for me, the alarm still shook me awake this morning (blasted alarm which I hate with all my being), the coffee tasted the same and of course I could use a bit more, and thankfully no wrinkles magically appeared overnight.

So I'm 30 today, which means that when people ask me my age I might stop saying 27 (who knows why this number is stuck in my head and I honestly believe at times that is how old I am) and up it to 28 or 29.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

oldertwin

10/12/2007 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Katie! I couldn't find your email address, so I am resorting to leaving a comment. I hope you don't feel too old...I am almost there with ya! :) Have a great day and a fabulous weekend, can't think of a better day to turn 30 than on a Friday! :)

10/12/2007 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAAPPPYYYY BIIRRRTTTHHDAAYYYYY TOO YOOUUUU,

HAAAAPPPYY BIIIIRRTTHHHDAAAAYYYY TOOOOOO YOOUUUUUUU,

HAPPYYYY BIIIIIIRRTHHDAAYYY DEEEARRRR KAAATTTIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,

HAPPPYYYYYY BBIIIIRRRRRTTTHHHHDAAAAYYYY TOOOOOOOO YOOUUUUUUUUUUU.

(That time, I was singing.)

10/12/2007 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend!!! I miss you! Please come for a visit soon. French fries and chocolate shake at midnight...my treat :)

10/12/2007 5:37 PM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

First of all, Happy Birthday/Birthweek.

Second, it's really not so bad.

Third, except, well... it's bad the first time you fill out a survey and realize you're in a whole new age group.

Fourth, but it's still not so bad.

10/13/2007 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say we form the 27 club and refuse to move up a decade.

10/13/2007 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about that age thing ... honestly believing you're 27. Everytime someone asks me how old I am, I have to pause and do the math in my head to figure it out .. and sometimes I say "26. no! 27. I mean .. " and by that time they've stopped caring.
Maybe that's a good thing?

Anyhow, happy birthday!

10/15/2007 3:13 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

Anonymous, can we be friends, too? Because french fries and chocolate shake at midnight -- or any time -- sounds divine.

Happy belated birthday, Katie!

10/23/2007 8:29 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

my father likes to continue to celebrate the anniversary of his 29th birthday. but now it's getting to the point where it doesn't seem to work anymore.

10/23/2007 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home