Thursday, November 08, 2007

Passion?

Over the last few weeks the topic of passion, roles, gifts, and skills has been circling around our staff.

Sidenote: Is it weird that a majority of my life revolves around my job/profession? I work for a church, I direct a children's ministry, I volunteer co-leading a small group of college students, I am part of a weekly bible study, and the majority of my friends (well all) share a common faith in Christ. Is it weird that somehow my life and my profession seem to be one in the same? And who else gets to say that? It seems alltogether weird and cool at the same time, as well as a bit overwhelming.

Ok, back to the topic at hand. So these topics have been coming up and well as my mind tends to do, I've internalized the conversation and moved it inside my head and my heart. What is my passion? What are my gifts and skills? How does that fit into the roles I now inhabit? Am I in the right roles? Am I willing to admit I'm not or that maybe my roles need to tweek a bit to take advantage of my passion/gifts/skills?

You know what else has been exciting, asking other people what their passions are, their gifts/skills and askign if they see them fit with their roles. And then there is the part of me that wants to somehow help them get to a place (a role) that takes advantage of those passions/gifts/skills. I want to come alongside and offer whatever it is I have to offer to watch them find that "sweet spot" where everything intersects.

And yet when I take a deep look at myself, I'm not sure what my passions are. I know what I can do, I know what I like to do. Oh I also know what I don't like and what I can't do (although I'm so hard-headed I might just try to do what I can't so that it gets done - stubborness anyone?).

So I wonder, what is my passion? How does that fit with my gifts/skills? And how does all of that flow into the roles that I fill right now?

Looks like I might need some more inside my head time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home