Friday, September 14, 2007

Tepid

Speaking of tepid, what exactly does that mean? The good people at dictionary.com came up with this:
1. moderately warm; lukewarm
2. characterized by a lack of force or enthusiasm

That's a pretty good description of how I've felt of late. Not good, not bad, just lukewarm with a lack of force or enthusiasm. A co-worker asked about my blogging and I made the comment that I've haven't been as inspired lately so writing has come slowly. Unfortunately, this tepid state has reached out into more than just blogging and can characterize most parts of my life from friendships to ministry to even my own relationship with God. So, I think I need to do some self-examination and have a few heart to hearts with myself and God about finding that force and entusiasm to move me from this tepid state.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, me too.

9/14/2007 2:02 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!

Look at all three of us... You, Me, and Chirky, it's a new movie starring 3 thirty somethings that are stuck in the between stages of life - married or single without kids and with lots of goals and dreams that require patience to come true but all of us really lack.

Okay, that was my lame attempt at a movie about us, but what-ev. The point is I feel the same way.

9/14/2007 3:13 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

What do you like Katie?

I mean really like.

Answer that then go pursue it passionately.

This is not solely a singles thing either. Rent "City Slickers" sometime. A lack of passion bothers everybody.

9/14/2007 11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had a year of "fallow" time... and now I'm ramping up to teach Bible study again, and getting ready to do whatever God wants me to.

Prayers and hugs for you, sweet lady!

9/16/2007 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home