Friday, November 02, 2007

Adding a little color to my life

A few weekends ago my friend Caron came into town and we painted my apartment. Her idea, by the way, not mine. I try to show out of town guest sa better time than picking up a paint brush and also scrubbing the tile in my shower. Ironically she enjoys a little house re-do, so off we went to Lowes after lots of hemming and hawwing on my part in picking the right shade of paint.

There's something about putting paint on the wall. It's like marking your territory (although not in a cat or dog sort of way for all you whose minds immediately went THERE). Paint is semi-permanent, takes time and effort, and is a big step beyond throwing a poster on the wall with thumb tacks.

So here I submit for your viewing pleasure the semi-permanent mark of paint on three walls.

First a few in progress pics:






And now the final product:








And all together now:



p.s. Can I just say I love that there is a diet dr pepper can sitting on my coffee table. It truly is a staple in my life.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, wow. You *did* add blue on one wall and red on another. And, wait - is that a really light shade of pink above the red, or is it just the lighting?

Anyway, it looks A.W.E.S.O.M.E. I can't wait to see it in person!

11/03/2007 12:36 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

I agree with Jes. The paint job does look awesome! I like the accent walls. Plus, I'm pretty sure the shade of blue is close (if not identical) to the blue in my living room. Great minds must really think alike! :P

11/05/2007 12:10 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

great job KT!

11/06/2007 6:50 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

ohhhhh, I like it! Well done ladies!

11/06/2007 8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we need to be told the names of the colors. Raspberry Souffle? Montana Sky? I think those names would fit well.

11/06/2007 9:00 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

Wow, it looks great! I am jealous of the red. But I don't envy you if you decide to paint it a different color. That's gonna take a lot of primer to cover.

But in the meantime, it's bee-yoo-ti-ful!

11/08/2007 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home