Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A place of refuge

A friend, Bianca, made a list of "must haves" for every gal. As I looked through the list i realized I had most of the tangible items, the stuff you spend your money on and can pick up at your local Target or mall, but I was lacking one key item . . . a place of refuge. Oh I have my apartment and living alone guarantees you lots of solo time, but I'm not sure my home is a place of refuge. This is especially the case when there's a TV to distract me from my thoughts, a kitchen and bathroom that currently need cleaning, and a million other things to eat up my time. So I'm in search of a place of refuge, from work, from distractions, and maybe just maybe from my own desire to run when I'm forced to face things that are hard.

So refuge, I'm on the lookout for you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

Refuge... I think now that I own my own home it is my refuge. Even now that my sister and nephew are living with me, it's so nice to be able to provide a nice place for all of us to live. A place to call home. We eat dinner together at night at the table, we take care of each other, and that, is refuge to me...

8/30/2007 3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katie.. again. I say again because I commented on your "Evil Ducks" article ten minutes ago.

Always know that there is a place of refuge that no-one can destroy - inside you. I know, that sounds cliche, but when I heard it, it really made a difference to my life. Usually the best physical place of refuge is with a group of people you can call your friends. As I can see, you seem to be in a group of people you call your friends, so I'd say you already have a physical place of refuge. As for the mental place, you'll just have to work on it.

If you ever run out of options and need some help, pop on over to the UK and I'll gladly help you out.

ND

9/01/2007 11:48 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Hmmmm...if you find one, can I borrow it from time to time? :P

9/04/2007 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home