Thursday, March 15, 2007

Obersvations

If given the choice between an escalator and a set of stairs the people at my conference will ALWAYS choose the escalator . . . even if the line for the escalator is so long that I've reached the top of the stairs before the person I by-passed has stepped foot on the escalator. Taking advantage of technology? Or just plain laziness?

A full to overflowing garbage can is not a deterrant to just stacking your used lunch pack on the floor next to the garbage can. EVEN when there is a nice and empty can about 10 yards away.

Snack has a very different definition at the church and at the nearby Renaissance Hotel. Church = water bottles, granola bars, pretzles. Hotel = this AND smoothies in champange flutes, rassberry yogurt shooter (seriously am I at a children's ministry conference? shooters? The trouble maker part of me wants to ask when Happy Hour is or where the keg is stored. Don't worry I didn't . . . yet.)

Lunch also has a different take. Yesterday at church= Chicken salad, yogurt, roll, chocolate. Hotel= Some sort of asian noodle with carrots and bell peppers along with spring rolls. I think I might have liked the sandwich and pasta salad they had at the church. I'm a simple girl.

Hmmm that's it for now. I'm sure there are more observations I'll come up with. One thing is for sure this isn't the woman's conference I went to last year with lots of NEON and those sparkly purses that were co-oped from the pre-teen set by the 40+ crowd.

Catch you all later.

OH I ALMOST FORGOT:
I'm rockin the Minivan. Just me and my minivan (reminds me of high school when i drove the family mini to school - I was so cool back then I could carry it off.) Really, I'm so cool I can barely stand myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Sweet... shooters at a children's conference...

Sometimes we need a shooter after we deal with the troublemakers.

You should suggest it for your local church. I'll come help if you do.

:)

3/15/2007 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee. Sounds like you're having fun, even if you are slightly annoyed by the lazies who won't take the stairs and the laziers who won't walk 10 yards to throw away garbage.

SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE! :)

3/16/2007 10:51 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

You might want to check your spelling of "observations" there, bucko.

But that's hilarious about the escalator v. stairs thing.

I'd eat the lunch at the church and then go eat the lunch at the hotel.

3/16/2007 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha... raspberry shooters? lol

3/18/2007 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home