Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Overheard:

"Well, it might be because his dad forgot to put underwear on him this morning"

Explanation: One of our toddlers was having a tough time when his mom left him with his class on Sunday morning. He usually jumps right in with the group and plays but this time he was tearfull and calling for mom for a good 5-8 minutes. Later when I saw the mom in the hall I told her he did better after seeing his sister and she uttered the fateful words above. She went on to tell how dad has never forgotten this vital piece of clothing but for some reason he did this paticular morning. They also realized that his pants were a bit big so they were slouching a bit so they had to roll the waistband up to prevent "baby crack" (my words not hers). So she said that he might be having some sort of separation issue or "things might just feel a little off for him today."

My favorite part of all this is that this family is super cute and their kiddos are always so stylishly dressed (not hoity in anyway but just cute) and the little boy in question was wearing khaki pants, a button down check shirt with the collar popped, and a tie. But when it all came down to it he was going commando.

Priceless.

9 Comments:

Blogger Lorie said...

Priceless. :)

2/21/2007 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toddlers going commando. Hahaha.

You brought back to mind my baby cousin yesterday, who just turned two, and his little baby crack. SO adorable!

2/21/2007 11:10 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Haha! Your post just totally made my day!

2/22/2007 12:35 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

That's great. I am going to try to sport that look... oh, wait, popped collars only look good on cute little kids.

Going commando... something he could probably get used to real quick.

2/22/2007 12:23 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Classic! TOO funny!

2/22/2007 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't know how I clicked on here today, but I'm glad I did. This made me laugh out loud at work today, such that I was embarrassed and tried to stifle it, which makes it worse.
Love that story. You should send it in to Readers Digest, or the like.

2/22/2007 8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh, what's wrong with going commando? ;)

2/22/2007 10:27 PM  
Blogger spaghettipie said...

Wow, I picked a good day to not be working in the toddler room, huh? Now, if I could just figure out who you're talking about...

2/26/2007 12:51 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Yeah... I hate it when I forget my underwear.

2/26/2007 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home