Thursday, March 01, 2007

I HEART Hurley and other random topics . . .

Don't you just love it when something is just so perfectly funny that you laugh immediately and then later after remembering it, you begin to laugh again. Such was the episode of LOST last night. I just love Hurley and how he always makes me smile and laugh.

Speaking of laughing, if you know me (and a few of you do) than you might have noticed that I have a tendency to begin speaking before my thoughts are fully formed. This leads to some interesting comments that come flooding out of my mouth and laughter ensues on the part of anybody in earshot distance. Yesterday was one such instance.

I was asking one of the other church staffers for some recommendations on books and he asked what genre I was wanting to read. (Ok, so he didn't say genre, he listed different topics but I figured I'm about to admit that I can come across as a complete idiot at times so I should throw in a "smart sounding" word to temper this whole story.) I respond with this gem of a statement:

"I'm up for anything . . . I like reading . . . things . . . ."

And this is where our admin gal so sweetly laid her head on her desk and broke down laughing AT ME. (Mind you I was thinking of all the different subjects that I enjoy reading on and trying to come up with a way to say that I'm interested in SO MUCH that it's hard to narrow it down to just one area and I would gladly take recommendations on ANYTHING, but oh no I can't formulate those words quick enough to prevent the laughing.)

So I of course follow it up with this statement:

"I'm really a smart person, I promise, I just don't always sound like one."

Yep, I'm a winner all right.

*SIGH*

11 Comments:

Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Haha!

Oh, Katie! You are not alone! I like reading things, too! :P

3/01/2007 11:21 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3/01/2007 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like...reading...things.

Heee. Oh, Katie. You're a woman after my own heart. I like reading things, too.

3/01/2007 2:34 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

I also like reading ... things.

And Hurley is okay, but they need to feature Sayid some more.

3/01/2007 5:00 PM  
Blogger spaghettipie said...

It's okay, Katie. Just look at yourself in the mirror and say...
I'm good enough
I'm smart enough
and doggonit, people like me!

3/02/2007 11:04 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Okay, that made me laugh right out loud! Katie, oh Katie... you and I are SO much alike, that sometimes it scares me a little. Lol!

3/02/2007 3:10 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Awww, that's ok. I stammer and stutter all the time and get a few chuckles. I once went to body slam a guy and over shot the couch and hit my head on the wall.

3/03/2007 3:39 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

haha. That is KT Classic.

Oh, and if you went to my wordpress blog and you saw my blog roll without your name on it, know that it is remedied now. Funny how mentally I added it, you, Jes and AM are always my first adds, but then later when I looked at it, it wasn't there and I was aghast with horror. So, yeah, you are on the blogroll and always will be unless you go insane and start a cult with a weird compoundi n waco or the mojave desert. Or if you become a suicide bomber or a member of the jihad that might disqualify you as well, but barring those things you are locked on FOR-EVER... whether you like it or not! :)

later tater.

3/04/2007 12:46 PM  
Blogger RosieBoo said...

I don't know what I laughed at harder...the "I like...reading...things"...or the visual of the admin laying her head on the desk and laughing. Great post..glad to know I'm not alone :)

3/05/2007 11:56 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

love you, miss katie. i really do!

3/05/2007 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurley is so awesome.

I like reading things too. ;-)

3/06/2007 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home