Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Real crazy vs. Appearance of crazy

I called a friend yesterday whilst I was in my car on my bi-weekly (twice a week not every two weeks) commute. After answering she told me the following:

"I was just talking outloud to myself in my car and decided to hold my phone up to my ear so people would think I was talking on the phone and not some crazy person talking to herself. Then the phone began to vibrate when you called and it scared me."
(the above was edited by request of said crazy person so as not to make her appear more crazy than she actually is)

I replied with:

"Don't you think that talking into a phone to talk to yourself is the actual definition of crazy while talking outloud to yourself is just the appearance of crazy? Are you saying you went for actual crazy over the appearance of crazy?"

Then we both laughed, probably because we are each a little bit actual crazy and often appear crazy. In fact, I talk to myself quite often, outloud even, especially while driving, AND I use my hands while I talk. Wait, maybe that's more "real crazy".

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, first of all? WHAT IS THAT SENTENCE? Katie. I couldn't have possible made so little sense.

(Though, considering that I went for what you call "actual crazy" over "appearance of crazy," maybe it is possible.)

(Though I totally stand by my decision to talk into my phone when I'm talking to myself. I'm all about appearing NORMAL to people I don't know.)

3/06/2007 10:40 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Definitely crazy.

now that song is in my head...

Does that make me craaaaaazzzzaaaayyyyy? Possiblyyyyyyy...

3/06/2007 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, please let me continue to justify how I'm not REALLY crazy.

Even though I said the phone SCARED me when it started vibrating, I wasn't actually FRIGHTENED.

I just meant that I was STARTLED.

There's totally a difference.

3/06/2007 11:20 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Whilst.

It has been a long time since I have heard that word used in a sentence.

You use your hands WHILST you are talking to yourself??

Actual or appearance...

I am just thinking PLAIN crazy.

3/06/2007 1:12 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Haha!

I talk to myself, too. Glad I'm not the only (crazy) one!

3/06/2007 2:46 PM  
Blogger Lorie said...

My coworkers are constantly asking me if I'm talking to them. To which I'm usually replying, "No, just to myself." Argh.

3/07/2007 11:04 AM  
Blogger spaghettipie said...

Crazy? And I'm leaving my child in your care every Sunday morning? Hmmmm....I wonder if that makes me crazy too?

3/08/2007 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home