Friday, November 03, 2006

High/Low

The High/Low game is where you get to announce your specific high and low from the last 24 hours or so. This allows for a bit of venting but also some good stuff to put everything in perspective.

So today I thought I would share with you my High/Low:

HIGH:

Going to the GAP to buy a new pair of jeans because your old pair is about to fall off of you making for a very embarrassing moment (unless of course they fell off and that caused me to fall down, because well that's pretty normal in my world, the falling down, not the falling off, but back to the story), so I ventured in the the land known as denimn purgatory anitcipating buying a pair in a smaller size (already a high) and as I came out of the dressing room to evaluate the cut and fit of said smaller size in the public viewing area where the only decent size mirror resides, the nice teeneage sales attendant guy took one look at me and said "You need a smaller size in those".

I'm sure my face was a combination of disbelief and love at first sight, because who needs roses or a nice dinner, tell me i need a smaller size in my pants and I will both hug and kiss you. And so he came back with an even smaller size which actually fit. So I got new jeans and they were two sizes smaller than the ones I wore in. Definite HIGH.

LOW:

I want to preface this story by stating that I L.O.V.E. sleep. I'm not a lazy person but I just really take pleasure in those hours of blissfull rest under my down comforter snuggled into a ball. So it is often a rude awakening when my alarm (my very loud and obnoxious alarm) pulls me from that perfect state. There are a few occasions where I will wake before the alarm but those are often outweighed by the times that I turn off the alarm and continue my sleep until I cause serious injury to myself (see here).

So this morning I woke on my own and began my day with the morning shower. Now I have the whole morning process down to a science because I want to eeek out every single minute of sleep I can so my routine is precise. I often shower before I reach a real state of consciousness as I did this morning. And as I stepped out of the shower my eye caught the nice little travel clock I keep in the bathroom to make sure my routine is running on time. And in that state of semi-consciousness I noticed that the 7 didn't really look like a 7 but more like a 1. Moving closer I read the numbers but could not believe what they were telling me so I walked to my bedroom to consult the clock there.

This is where the LOW comes in. It was 1:12 . . . A.M. a mere 2 hours after I have gone to sleep. Now I'm not sure if I dreamed that it was morning and thus started the whole waking up and getting ready routine or if I somehow slept walked into the shower, but all I know is that I was not happy as I stood with just washed hair and shaved legs looking at a clock that mocked me with its time. LOW, definite LOW.

11 Comments:

Blogger JLR said...

That's just . . . I mean, that's sad. Well, great about the jeans thing, but not great about the early morning mistaken wake up. I, too, treasure every minute I get to sleep, so I feel your pain. I laughed at it, but I feel bad for you.

11/03/2006 9:59 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

If it were not so much to type out I would tell you of a similar story but it involved me living three days in one. You thought it was the next day, I thought it was Tuesday, but it was only Saturday.

11/04/2006 1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my word!!!!!!!

That reminds me of a time when I took a nap in the afternoon and it was dark when I woke up. So here it is, 10 PM on Sunday night, and I get out of bed and get into the shower and iron my clothes and start getting breakfast. FINALLY, hubby asked what I was doing. Um, getting ready for work, duhhh.

And then he tells me it's still Sunday. I think I was more mad at myself than anything.

;-)

11/04/2006 6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My HIGH ...has got to be reading your low. I LOVE IT!!! ~C

11/04/2006 12:47 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Awwww, K-T! Great job on the jeans!!!! You know I feel your pain on trying things at the GAP. Wish I had been there to rejoice with you!


Awwww, K-T! That sucks. 2 hours? really? It was kinda like that for us on our cruise. Inside cabin= no concept of time of day. We had to turn on the tv to figure out if it was night or morning.

I couldn't live in Alaska!

11/04/2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh come now, your low could be construed as a high if looked at in the proper light.

For instance: you woke up, realized it was not in fact 7am, but that you'd been asleep merely two hours. BUT - you got to spend another six hours doing the thing you love!

I'm not sure if that's just justifying it, but hey, why not?

11/05/2006 11:27 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

That's a wonderful high and a hilarious low.

I hope you write a memoir one day.

11/06/2006 12:22 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

You might as well just shower and shave before you get out of bed... why did your alarm clock go off at 1:00 in the morning?

Weird.

11/06/2006 4:40 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

I'm with Chris - at least you got to go back to bed for another 6 hours! That's a high by my standards. Plus, you got to sleep past 7 because you had already showered!

I'm so jealous of your high, though! That NEVER happens to me. Although, I LOVE Gap jeans. I'm partial to the LONG & LEAN ones (mainly because you neither need to be long or lean to wear them). Snazzy.

11/06/2006 9:52 PM  
Blogger steve said...

I have gone to work on saturday before....

Not fun at all

11/07/2006 12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome high... congrats! Such a great feeling!

11/07/2006 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home