Thursday, March 29, 2007

Your story

Some people believe that there are many ways to God, that all religions end in the same place. I believe that there is one way to God, through His son, Jesus Christ. But I also believe that there are many different paths that people take to encountering Jesus.

Some meet Him on the road
Some meet Him at a miraculous feast
Some meet Him while crying at His feet
Some meet Him in the clutches of a self-righteous mob armed with stones
Some meet Him after denying they ever knew Him
Some meet Him as a child healed from sickness
Some meet Him as the first sight for an old man blinded for life
Some meet Him in the pew of a church
Some meet Him in a coffee shop
Some meet Him early in life
Some meet Him right before their last breath
Some meet Him in moments of pure joy
Some meet Him at the absolute end of themselves

The place, the time, the situation are all our own; special, unique, and miraculous to each of us but the one thing that unites us all is that we've met Him.

5 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

I met him at Vacation Bible School under a tree outside on a summer day. I'm thankful that he sought me out and saved me. I can't imagine my life without him.

3/29/2007 11:28 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

I met him once as a child but didn't know or understand who it was or how much I needed him. Then I met him again about 7 years ago and this time I knew I needed to meet him. And I'm sure glad I did.

And the best part is - he's invited me to live at his house one of these days...

3/29/2007 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This gave me chills. I love this post. I thought I met him 8 years ago and perhaps I did. But a few years ago He came to live in my heart for good and its been wonderful ever since! 1 week and counting!!!

3/30/2007 11:27 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Yeah... I have met Him... He's my friend too. ;)

3/30/2007 12:18 PM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Amen.

I meet with Him each and every day. I really enjoy those daily talks with Him.

Awesome post.

Blessings to you.

4/01/2007 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home