Thursday, June 22, 2006

Simple prayer request

Actually no prayer request is simple because what I'm asking for isn't simple at all, it is an act of God (but then again when God intervenes and answers our prayers are they not all acts of God?).

There are prospective changes coming in my life. HUGE BIG GIGANTIC changes. I don't paticularly embrace change. I am a creature of habit in fact. I have a tendency to get comfortable in my safe if not boring life. But God seems to have other plans, or at least that is what it appears.

So friends, family, and those few silent readers that come daily (and you are extra special to me because you find something of worth in my measly words and encourage me just by your presence), I'm asking for you to give me a great gift. Will you please pray for me? Will you ask God to reveal to me in His perfect way what He wants of me and for me in this specific situation? Will you ask Him to be very blunt with me if the answer is "No" and make is abundantly clear? Will you ask God to order my steps and prepare the road if He is calling me to make such dramatic changes? Will you ask of Him to let my integrity and witness bring Him alone glory in all of this? Will you ask Him to provide exactly what needs to occur so that all these changes happen in His time and in His way? And lastly, will you ask Him to draw me all that much closer to His embrace in this situation, will you ask Him to increase my faith and my view of Him as I watch Him lead me in His perfect will, will you ask Him to let whatever happens be for Him and Him alone?

Thank you friends. I don't take a request for prayer lightly, and would be humbled for you to do so on my behalf.

20 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

When I read your posts I read them silently to myself... so does that make me "extra special?"

I will pray... all of those things... and there were ALOT... but isn't it great that God is big enough to answer all of those requests?

:D

6/22/2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

K-T, He is so faithful. I received a gentle reminder of His wish to bless us today. He weaved 8 years of work experience into the perfect mesh today. I couldn't have wished for this job and I got it! One that was and is being created for and by me. Wow.

I don't know why He chooses to bless me even when I doubt. But He does. And He knows the plans He has for you. He knows your heart and it all will work out for His glory. I will be praying for you my friend.

Love you K-T!!

6/22/2006 1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, and yes.

6/22/2006 1:43 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Of course!

So, you've decided to risk all to see the view at the tops of the trees, huh? Yey!!

I'm behind you every step of the way. Think of me as your internet carabineer, of sorts. On belay (and don't forget your stick horse)!

6/22/2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

DEALS:

Belay On!


(and of course I would not think of going anywhere without my stick horse, or my belt buckle of nebraska)

6/22/2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I want to belay too! I like rappelling/rock climbing!!

I'll back Deals up. Even is she is Amazonian and doesn't need my short self backing her up. :)

6/22/2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger steve said...

prayers

6/22/2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

You have my prayers. Test the waters.

6/22/2006 7:30 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I'm praying Kate.... He will direct your paths... I know this and I will pray that you will KNOW what you are to do

6/22/2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Dude SERIOUSLY: you know *I'M* prayin' for you Katie-pants! :D

6/23/2006 12:29 AM  
Blogger whaaaat! said...

I'll pray for you, and by the nature of your requests it sounds like you are already close to Him in your relationship and have the right perspective, so continue trusting and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6.

6/23/2006 4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

**hugs and prayers**

6/23/2006 8:42 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I paused and prayed a quick prayer for you before I left this comment. However, I need to be ever mindful of my friends and less mindful of myself when it comes to my praying and so I will continue to remember you in prayer.

6/24/2006 11:44 AM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

Count me in!

6/24/2006 5:58 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

Been praying and will continue.

6/26/2006 1:51 PM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Yes, I will keep on praying until you let us know that the prayers have been answered!

6/26/2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Of course I'll pray for you.

There are times we just need to take a step of faith....

6/26/2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I've just sent a prayer up for you Katie. I'm pretty much the same way as you with change and I've got some choices and decisions to make with regard to my future (for after the summer). It's hard to know what to do though. I'm leaning in a particular direction, but I don't know if that is what He wants for me or not - I hear silence but don't know if it means 'no', 'wait longer', or 'yes'. So it's something I'm still praying about.

6/26/2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

god is surely at work.
I will surely pray

you will know his will.

6/27/2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

Praying for you my friend!

6/28/2006 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home