Monday, June 06, 2005

Me and my big mouth

Wow how many stories about me can start with that line? Too many and no readers do not feel obliged to comment with stories about my big mouth. This weekend was CRAZY but in a good crazy way. Friday, no let's start with Tuesday because my week was so messed up that there wasn't a big distinction between weekdays and weekends for me. After my sleep-in issue my week was one big blur. Friday was a wash of a day because I worked and then sat on my couch staring at the big black box with pretty pictures and sounds for most of the night. Then on Saturday I met my sister for some errands and a trip to Target (said with a French lisp) for my second of three consecutive days spent at the red bullseye.

Saturday night I met the settlers gang for some serious gaming and food. It was a crazy night for oh so many reasons but I thought it might be fun to do a word association with each member to highlight the crazyworldness of the evening:

Eddie - CRANIUM KING. Did I have an agenda when I suggested the dynamic duo of Eddie and Katie be a team for cranium? You bet your pants I did. Eddie is unstoppable in this game when it comes to acting, humming, guessing, spelling, and other things I can't remember. The two of us should take our skills on the road and try to make some money with our mad cranium skills. He also makes a good chicken and mashed potatoes as well as being a gracious host when his company stays until the wee hours of the night. Eddie you also didn't reach over and smack me when I wouldn't keep my big mouth closed during one of your questions (thanks for that because I know you wanted to and I wouldn't have blamed you).


Jessica- skirt, menstruating, Hillary Clinton, transected (oh the comedy). These were Jessica's answers to a cranium sensosketch (where one person has to draw something with their eyes closed while the teammate has to guess what it is) when the correct answer was kilt. Jessica always brings a burst of humor to any situation. If I could bottle it and sell it I would be a millionaire and Jes would be a sucker for letting me make money on her.

Roger-Gnilleps. Roger is a HIGHLY accomplished graphic designer but says he can't spell for anything, yet he spelled some hard words backwards for a male dominated game of dueling genders.

Bianca-Little hobbit package, big momma wallop. Bianca pulled out a can of "whup up on you"
during the game of cranium and scared me for a moment, at least until I bent her over my knee and gave her a good spanking (sadly this is a true account of the actions). She also dominated at Settlers and made me come in second (or as Jerry Seinfeld likes to call it the first looser, out of all the loosers you came in first, no one lost better than you).

Matt (formerly known as mmmm ahhhh double t) - Scared. Well maybe he wasn't scared but I would be looking for the big bottle of pills, stash of straight jackets, and the padded room with this crew. Matt sat beside me and I thought he might be trying to figure out how to leap over my chair and make a run for the door because we were deep in CRAZY world that night. Matt might have been a little overwhelmed by us or he was just trying to learn the game that has 5 million rules while sitting next to the official Settlers expert (Roger). All in all Matt wins kudos from me for just surviving.

Sunday was a day of rest (which in my world means a day of shopping). I hit the stores with my mom and sisters. We did it all (including my third trip to Target in one weekend) and I got my mom to buy boot cut jeans (a round of applause for my mom stepping out of the 90's and into the new millennium with her jean selection). It was a fun time, if not a crazy time.

Now I'm back to the daily grind and SUMMER HOURS (fireworks shoot off in the background as a huge choir sings in exaltation). I will be around blogworld but maybe not in the afternoon because of SUMMER HOURS.

Random note: the blogger spell check tried to change "Jessica's" to "cheesecake". Classic.

14 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

interesting, because earlier today i was thinking about cheesecake and how good a piece would taste today.

unfortunately, i have not had a piece. sad for me.

game night was sumo-fun. even though it was the wee hours of the morning, i was sad to leave.

next time, we're pulling an all-nighter slumber party, with separate sleeping quarters for boys and girls.

6/06/2005 4:30 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

how did you get your mom to buy boot cut jeans? hmmm... i am going to have to get to work on that one. until now, it has seemed like such a ridiculous concept that i would never have attempted it, but you have inspired me!

6/06/2005 7:13 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Y'all played Settlers AND Turbo Cranium? No wonder it was such a good time. I only have regular Cranium, but have played the Turbo version several times. I have great memories of the "gnilleps" category, where one of the guys playing started us off with the letter "e" for some unknown reason. He honestly thought everyone of them started with "e" even though it was even close. Guess you had to have been there. Good times were had by all on Saturday, I'm sure.

6/07/2005 11:05 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Boot cut jeans? Wha? ... Never heard of them.

6/07/2005 1:41 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Must be a Tehhhksaasssss Thang.

6/07/2005 1:41 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

'Cause Y'all wear boots in Texas.

6/07/2005 4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Jes's progression was skirt, menstruating, Hillary Clinton, transexual...I'm SO confused (oops, can I say that?...the T word, that is, not confused-because I'm sure you would be proud of me for admitting my occasional state of confusion!)

Wasn't the pic of a man in a skirt??

6/07/2005 7:22 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

KT- great job of recapping the night - I am loving this post.

jes - I am not even kidding, we could totally have a sleep over - you and KT could stay in your room and roger and I could stay in the living room. We wouldn't need to sleep - instead we could stay up all night and play games and then go out for breakfast some place good. We would be like little kids again! weee!

6/08/2005 3:01 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Oh, and yes KT - we rule at Cranium - with your knowledge of History and your superior drawing abilities - we make the most perfect, most unstoppable team.

6/08/2005 3:03 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

but, eddie, why would KT and I need to stay in the bedroom and you and roger in the living room if we stayed up all night long playing games? would we be playing boy games and girl games? what would these be? i love the idea of staying up all night and going to breakfast in the morning! we MUST do this sometime!

KPs mom: you're close, i actually said TRANSVESTITE (not transected). what is transected?

6/08/2005 4:11 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

Transected: To divide by cutting transversely.

Just in case any one else is as illiterate as I am. :)

6/08/2005 4:12 PM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

KT,
Thanks for clearing things up about the Cranium game. I'm sure you do rule at Cranium! Wish I could have been a fly on the wall.

6/08/2005 4:15 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Darn the blogger spell check I told it not to change something and it did. Mom I originally wrote transsexual and the stupid spell check changed it to transected. Jes is right though she said transvestite. Wow lots of words I don't use in normal every day conversation popping up in this comment.

6/09/2005 9:03 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

katie, you haven't posted since monday. it is now friday. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON HOW MANY TIMES YOU TELL ME TO POST WHEN I HAVEN'T IN 24 HOURS.

the end.

6/10/2005 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home