Tuesday, May 24, 2005

'Cuz we're the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything! We just stay home and lie around. And if you ask us to do anything, we'll just tell you ..

We don't do anything!

When Jes tagged me I thought of this song and now it won't leave my head. For those of you familiar with Veggie Tales you will agree that the silly songs are very addictive. I thought about just listing the lyrics here because I haven't done any of the things they listed but instead I thought I would go ahead and play the game how it should be played.

1. I've never been on a date (sirens blare as people do a double take at the screen, yep you read that right, my 27 years of glory on this earth have been dateless).
2. I've never been to Europe.
3. I've never been dropped into a hole filled with snakes (shudder).
4. I've never run out of gas.
5. I've never eaten liver (and I never will).
6. I've never been to Minnesota, South Carolina (or any Carolina), Florida, and many other states.
7. I've never had surgery (do tubes in your ears count? - they didn't cut me open but they did put me under).
8. I've never met a piece of cheesecake I didn't like.
9. I've never received flowers delivered at work.
10. I've never gone longer than a month without having the a recurring nightmare (It has some variations including the following: I'm in college and I've skipped a class for the entire semester and have to walk into the exam cold turkey, I forget where all my classes are on exam day, I show up to class for the first time in weeks and find out I have to give a presentation before the entire class of about 100, I am on campus and I've forgotten my shoes). I obviously deal with stress of forgetting things, not being fully prepared, or issues of self consciousness.

8 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

how random! i have never had a piece of cheesecake i didn't like EITHER!

we must be soulsisters.

5/24/2005 6:35 PM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Oh my gosh, Katie. I have the same recurring dream--about once a month. More often when I'm stressed. My alternate is it's exam time and don't know where the classroom is because I skipped class for the entire semester.

5/24/2005 7:06 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

kt, amanda sue, we're soul triplets. i've never met a piece of cheesecake that I didn't like, either!

i have, however, met a bowl of ice cream i didn't like. it was pistachio coconut.

nasty.

5/24/2005 9:21 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

yummmm, cheesecake. You haven't had cheesecake until you've had strawberry cheescake from Junior's in Brooklyn. That is some serious cheesecake. Can I just one bite, please?

Jes- you're supposed to eat Pistachio ALMOND ice cream, not coconut. Try, try again.

5/24/2005 10:14 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

KT- thanks a million for getting that song in my head. I think I've heard it once, but the damage was done.

5/24/2005 10:15 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Are you serious, you have never been dropped into a hole full of snakes. How surprising!!! lol!

5/24/2005 10:37 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Never been to Minnesota! What.a.Shame. You are missing out.
Come visit.

5/25/2005 8:10 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Oh, I needed some Kpininon this morning... I am waiting for Joe to get out of the shower and this site has proven to be a joyful time killer once again...

5/25/2005 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home