Friday, June 10, 2005

It's the whole time space continuum . . . .

Jes, I heard your cry and felt your pain but mine was greater. People I have not posted since MONDAY. Do you hear that crazy world, since MONDAY?

Why you may ask, is a member of the Blog Patrol and an original FOE (friend of Eddie) so lax in her postings? Well let me tell you why. I am trying to cram an 8 hour work day into four measly hours. Today I even came in early for a meeting and low and behold what was anticipated to last 45 minutes doubled miraculously into an hour and a half. Now I stare at my computer screen as my brain rattles with the sheer volume of my To Do List. Actually let’s be reasonable here it is not a list, a list fits on a small piece of paper where you can place check marks tracking your progress. I have a To Do manuscript that comes in volumes. As I move from each volume to the other I always have to refer back to my prior completed projects for information and direction.

Now wasn’t I just celebrating the coming of summer, the slowness of the workday as kids are now gone and we can focus (irony intended) on the small stuff. Small indeed until it gangs up with the other small stuff and creates this monster of small things that are really one big thing that will crush me like a bug if I don’t dance around avoiding its wrath.

So all this to say: friends, compatriots, fellow FOEs, blogfamiliy, I am busy and somehow trying to tackle the whole space time continuum thing. I am still here, I will still post, and hopefully things will calm down and I will slay the small stuff giant and be able to bring you the absurd, thought provoking, giggle inducing, random bits of everyday vacations you get when you visit kpinion.

6 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

*Sigh*

Such empty promises.

Am not I the one supposed to be on Hiatus?

Start your morning with a 20 to 30 minute blog entry... wake up a half an hour early so you can "fit us" into your busy schedule of "small stuff." Do you understand how menial this makes us feel?? That the importance of the small stuff is out weighing our importance?

Does anybody else out there agree with me?

6/10/2005 11:03 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Says the man with toothpick in hand to operate on his baby . . .

Ben, see to post I have to come into work and if I am at work I need to work. 8 hours of stuff in 4 hours, 4 HOURS. Do you understand the math does not work. And then if I don't leave at the end of our half day I will have to do more WORK. So the problem is that WORK and BLOG are conflicting, fighting, and WORK trumps BLOG because WORK is how I am able to BLOG. UGH it is a vicious evil cycle that you are perpetuating with the idea that the small stuff is actually small. It isn't it is HUGE, way bigger than small but supposed to be smaller than normal school time stuff, but it isn't. UGH, my head hurts now.

6/10/2005 11:08 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I AM a skillful toothpick surgeon.

Quit depending on Work to blog! Get one of those boisen berry devices that Eddie uses. MAKE US A PRIORITY!

6/10/2005 11:25 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

oh, katie. WHEN ARE YOU NOT BUSY?

just prioritize. what *absolutely* needs to be done today? do that, and leave the rest for tomorrow.

that way, you are ensured to never have a day without something to do.

this methodology also helps promote procrastination.

just a friendly reminder from your local procrastinator general.

6/10/2005 11:37 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Jes - you should change your blog name from Just Say Jes to - Just Procrastinate!

KT - you need one of those necklaces that Hermione has in the second installment of Harry Potter..and the prisoner of Azkaban.

It will allow you to turn back time just long enough to write a super hilarious blog entry.

6/10/2005 11:41 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

And, I think it is funny when I am reading somenone's blog while they are simultaneously reading mine - I was just about to comment here and your comment showed up on my site.

6/10/2005 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home